Manny's MX build

So I snagged some pictures before mounting the new domes. So here's why I decided to switch it up after John over at JL engineering sent me a pictures of a new set his buddy had in his shelf which are made by Noss and their design is different. Here's a comparison of the Pro Design dome and the Noss in the background...you can see the they both have the inner lip but the Noss doesn't have the outer and the o-ring doesn't sit inside two lips with the Noss just having a single eliminating a possible weak point with that thin outer edge and of course one less area to ding up if you accidentally drop them haha. Anyway:

DA387DA2-3D0A-4E4D-B431-E9A2E5507C68.jpg

Also I like how the Noss domes come up and sit almost flush with the coolhead unlike the Pro Design which sits pretty deep in there, doesn't look as good to me at least.

1932B372-2BD0-4FAD-9633-B213B533F741.jpg

Edited by Sheedawg28

So I snagged some pictures before mounting the new domes. So here's why I decided to switch it up after John over at JL engineering sent me a pictures of a new set his buddy had in his shelf which are made by Noss and their design is different. Here's a comparison of the Pro Design dome and the Noss in the background...you can see the they both have the inner lip but the Noss doesn't have the outer and the o-ring doesn't sit inside two lips with the Noss just having a single eliminating a possible weak point with that thin outer edge and of course one less area to ding up if you accidentally drop them haha. Anyway:

DA387DA2-3D0A-4E4D-B431-E9A2E5507C68.jpg

Also I like how the Noss domes come up and sit almost flush with the coolhead unlike the Pro Design which sits pretty deep in there, doesn't look as good to me at least.

1932B372-2BD0-4FAD-9633-B213B533F741.jpg

Big bore domes. What size Pistons you running.

You have any problems with the clutch pull or anything on the ASV's ? And why do you run the YFZ master Cylinder?

Not really, every now and then I get a binding feeling in the cable. But that normally just happens after I wash it a few times so I just lube up the cable. The bore and trick is bigger, as far as how much I'm not sure but it's firmer and requires less pull than the banshee.

There's NOTHING wrong with Banshee calipers. Thinking you're going to see a night and day difference is silly.

We only run fronts on our drag bikes and they go from 80 to nothing very fast.

Hold up...who said anything about night and day difference? Coming off my 450 that I raced for 3 years I know how bad the banshee is lacking in braking. The bike is heavier which doesn't help it and only having one piston doing all the work overheats the brakes along with having a smaller surface area and you get brake fade which I've already experienced with the banshee brakes..obviously something you hill shooter guys would know nothing about bc your at full throttle for 5 seconds and braking most the time up a hill or where the dirt is super loose which help you slow down big time, not so much on a hard packed track with down hills like Glen Helen. I guess my buddies that have also upgraded their brakes on their 06 yfz's practice bikes to the newer model brakes are blowing smoke also since I'm sure there was nothing wrong with the yfz brakes also oh and them along with I run in either pro am or A class which work the bikes especially brakes more than most ppl that ride can say. Bigger surface area= less stopping distance and less effort to pull the brakes on to get the same amount of braking..plain and simple. Let's also add in here that I guess when the magazines review brakes between bikes they're also full of it and must not be any better than banshee brakes....hah please nothing wrong with the banshee breaks Edited by Sheedawg28
  • Like 2

Banshee brakes work fine with everything, except MX. lol 1987 brakes has their limits and it comes to a halt with MX riding.

We should hit up corporate Yamaha and tell them there isn't a big difference between the banshee's brakes and master, so throw them back on since the calipers are smaller and lighter so the weight doesn't justify it

• Like 3