A little paint & polish for the 'shee. Pics and a few Q's

lowidenfast

I decided to paint / polish some parts on my engine while I'm waiting on my transmission to come in.   It's just a rattle spray can job and my 2nd time ever attempting to strip and polish anything but it doesn't look half bad.  Still got some polishing to do on the clutch cover

Engine before

bUqwTVx.jpg?1

zhLTb6e.jpg?1

Painted cylinders / head.  Used engine enamel paint and clear coat, hopefully it holds up

NO4zlKh.jpg?1

I had actually polished these up before deciding to paint them and strip/polish the clutch cover  instead

FFVIQGI.jpg?1

HvmJLDO.jpg?1

bP1fs3Z.jpg

Once I get the clutch cover polished up a bit more, can / should I spray it with a clear coat to protect it?  If so, will the engine enamel clear that I used on the engine parts stick to the polished surface?  I used a self etching primer to get paint to stick to the polished clutch insert and water pump cover but that's obviously not an option for the cover.   Also, is there any paint that would hold up on the plastic stator cover?   I figure all of this is going to be trashed in a few weeks but I can't ride until I get my transmission back anyway so I figured why not purdy her up while I'm waiting.   Thanks guys

Ahh, I see.  Didn't really think about that.  I will probably just strip all the paint off of that end before I put it all back together then - thanks tricked

Does anyone have any input as far as spraying some sort of clear coat over the polished clutch cover?  Is it necessary and, if so, what type of clear coat would stick?

• 3 months later...

Painting and powdercoating engine parts is so-so in my book. They look good, but hold heat in the engine.  Dissipating heat is the reason that a lot of engine covers are magnesium.  When painted, they lose their ability to dissipate that heat to an extent.  Now, im not sure if the banshee uses many of these style covers, but just something to watch for in the future.