Stinger tube size

Anyone out there have a set of shearer dm out of frames that can measure the i.d. And o.d. Of the stinger tube for me please also a length would be cool too if ya could.. I have a set of big flange big bore dm pipes with flanges for silencers. I wanna remove the silencer flanges and just tig weld some stinger tubes onto the pipes

• Like 1

length isnt real important but if you can make them long enough so the exit is behind the rider as much as possible and even turn them outword then it should direct some of the noise away from the rider

You are a real fucking genius!
  • Like 2

the important part isnt the length. whether its 8" or 12" wont make a shit difference in power. you dont know much about expansion chambers i take it ? what matters is the ID. i suggested a stinger configuration to direct the sound away from the rider as much as possible in case he wants to have some sort half decent hearing 20yrs down the road. put it right next to your leg for all i give a fugg.

sometimes, ok most of the time, it seems like im talking to a bunch of kids. having not seen the pipes your refering to but ill take a shot in the dark anyways. likely not one section of the pipes are the same in length, diamter, angle, (except probly the section where it connects to the manifold) so they likely require different stinger diam. ive seen mikes pipes for other engines and theyre a bit longer with shallower angles than what you might typically see from someone else. he has his own methods. if some of you guys would spend less time talking, saying stupid shit, and more time reading you would be alot smarter. probly 100 books on expansion chambers. rule number one, stinger length is mostly unimportant.

you arent as smart as you think you are, you`ll post broad fukn statements like this condescending cunt effort

the important part isnt the length. whether its 8" or 12" wont make a shit difference in power. you dont know much about expansion chambers i take it ? what matters is the ID. i suggested a stinger configuration to direct the sound away from the rider as much as possible in case he wants to have some sort half decent hearing 20yrs down the road. put it right next to your leg for all i give a fugg.

looking forward to more pipe theories from you, looks like you`ve  been holding back on the subject

My experience says that stinger length has a lot to do with pipe tuning. Depending on the cone design, changing the stinger length alters the energy of the return pulse and resonance time... kinda like changing port lengths in a speaker box and the way it affects the "performance" of the speakers.

I used to tune the power band in on my drag sled by cutting the silencer off, welding longer stingers on, and then cut 'em back until the pipes were in tune with the rest of the setup.