Who does powder coating?

muggzy

I need to send my front hubs to someone for pc. Didn't see any site sponsors listed as powder coaters. Anyone I can trust to do the job without being there to show them what to mask? What should it cost?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Edited by muggzy

I had mine done locally just to save on shipping, if you do take them some where and no matter how many quad parts the guy said he has done make sure to go over what gets masked.

My local PC guy is not "detail oriented" After going over my frame requirements and repeatedly telling him DO NOT SANDBAST MY VIN# guess what he did. Luckily, his delivery is just as unreliable so when I stopped in to pick up the frame on the promised date, it was hanging on the rack waiting to get sprayed and that's when I saw the VIN was gone..... Long story short I got a stamped plate welded on before he finished PCing it.

Needless to say, I can't trust him unless it's the simplest of jobs. Next nearest guy is an hour away.

Sooooooo, anyone know a good PC guy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by muggzy

If sponsors are busy and you can't find anybody, shit, ship me your stripped down hubs (no bearings, seals, or paint), the powder, and $10 I'll do it as long as it's a fairly standard color, a set of hubs are pretty easy to do, If I have to blast them it'll be extra because it sucks ass.. Or if you prefer them going to a professional you could send them to PowderTech in Duanseburg, NY. They're probably a couple of hours North of you but shipping wouldn't be a whole lot. PC'ing is pretty easy just messy as fuck... I'm not a pro and for the most part I am only into helping people out, this is absolutely not something I'd ever want to do for a living all though I have made a few bucks at it, anyway I did a bunch of my shit and it all looks pretty fuckin' decent..

Sheerider, you're as big a dumbass as the guy who PC'd my frame.  If the guy was competent, I'd have already gone back to him.  There's another in Pearl River and another on the opposite side of the county from me ~ 45 min to an hour either way.  Neither of which is open on the weekends nor am I about to take a day off work to go and drop off the parts.  And what's wrong with trying to use our reputable sponsors if they can be bothered with such a small job or get the advice of members on here for someone they trust?  So f-off if you haven't got something useful to add to the conversation.

Motooutcast, thanks for the offer but I'll find someone who wants the work.

My local PC guy is not "detail oriented" After going over my frame requirements and repeatedly telling him DO NOT SANDBAST MY VIN# guess what he did. Luckily, his delivery is just as unreliable so when I stopped in to pick up the frame on the promised date, it was hanging on the rack waiting to get sprayed and that's when I saw the VIN was gone..... Long story short I got a stamped plate welded on before he finished PCing it.

Needless to say, I can't trust him unless it's the simplest of jobs. Next nearest guy is an hour away.

Sooooooo, anyone know a good PC guy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you're that bitchy about it then do them yourself. Go to harbor freight buy a powder coating kit for dirt cheap, spray and bake in your kitchen oven. Problem solved. Hubs and other small pieces are fine to do yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're that bitchy about it then do them yourself. Go to harbor freight buy a powder coating kit for dirt cheap, spray and bake in your kitchen oven. Problem solved. Hubs and other small pieces are fine to do yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't recommend using the oven in your kitchen, even though I have done a larger part or two in mine but toaster ovens work decent and are fairly cheap...

Motooutcast, thanks for the offer but I'll find someone who wants the work.

As for someone who "wants the work" they're just a set of hubs, they'll take like an hour, maybe 2 with blasting.. But that's cool...

It's not about cheap. In fact, I'm expecting to pay more than it would've cost of I'd gotten them done along with the frame. Of course no prof. PC guy is going to be hungry for my trivial job, but since I'm only looking for black and not in any real hurry, it can go right through with the next black job that comes along. Like I said, I appreciate the offer from motooutcast but I don't know him and after he "liked" the "is it really that hard" answer, thanks but no thanks.

The diy idea might be worth a shot. Later.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk