Generally how much is powder coating alone? (Already Prepped)

ETR174

For now, Krylon 1403 spray can paint will spot in and blend perfectly with the original color. If you mask whatever isn't silver you can touch-up with it  the spot will be un-noticable. I like to use tin foil and some tape to mask with since it conforms and stays put and out of your way.

That's a cool trick but I'll just wait. It shouldn't take me too long to come up with the money to powder coat and I have a crack in my frame that needs to be welded in. 

Don't forget to add the price of bearings and seals.

Just a good idea to replace them when apart even if the powder or heat or removing them doesn't hurt them.(but it will)

Ok thanks. What seals and bearings are there? The chain rollers are somewhat new so I shouldn't have to worry about them.

You should just rip off the original graphics on the front that are fucked up and get some matching rims and tires. And a yamaha sticker on the tank. All that would make a huge difference.

I actually took those torn graphics off a couple of month ago and I have different tires on. That was it after I took the rack off the back, that was the only picture I could find at the time. Here's pictures of it now. I scrapped the stock seat cover because it was dirty and torn and this is just temporary. I have the same color purple vinyl in the garage.IMG_20141118_161933_zps1d9f68e6.jpgIMG_20141118_161959_zps66cf50cb.jpg

Edited by ETR174

I actually took those torn graphics off a couple of month ago and I have different tires on. That was it after I took the rack off the back, that was the only picture I could find at the time. Here's pictures of it now. I scrapped the stock seat cover because it was dirty and torn and this is just temporary. I have the same color purple vinyl in the garage.IMG_20141118_161933_zps1d9f68e6.jpgIMG_20141118_161959_zps66cf50cb.jpg

If I were you I would ditch that cover tank and rad cover and get a black one and then get a black seat cover. And even powdercoat the wheels in black. Just an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exotic is pretty decent. They can do it right for sure.

Fred is awesome he did my frame for $250, he is 5min from my shop

7b34c2eb07c1825fa7c86cec1e379751.jpg

• Like 2

He blasted it, and did a 3 stage powder on it. Silver base, teal color coat, and clear powder over the top. its thick as hell!

Any GOOD coater will want to do his own prep work. I would refuse to do anything I didn't prep

Hmmm my powder coater does great work and I always prep all the small stuff and they take a pretty fair amount off the bill when I do.