seat mod

450 killer

I have carved many dirt bike seats, the carving knife does work nice for your initial cut, then shape the seat with the grinder and flap disk. Softly! Imperfections will show under your cover, so you want the finished product to be smooth, you CANT get it smooth with the knife. Just know once you cut a chunk off, it's gone, so start small, or for your first time just start shaping the seat with the grinder and flap disk. It's much easier to keep,your shape this way

actualy thew were cut as yfz shocks are to tall. and yes i have tried other shocks. this was a fit for me and i am very happy with them. sent front and rear shocks to B-line control bruce is an ace with his ability as a craftsman in the suspension business. i adjusted my shock for the terrain i drive.

i am going to pick up a used seat a beater and experament with it to see if it is what i want before i commit to having my seat altered. thanks for the input on the grinder.

Thank you

Douglas

not only did i have that work done i also had my shocks polished then annodized. my spanner nuts were chromed. and the piggyback resivior on the rear shock was changed to a longer body it holds additional fluid. i don't remember what the res came off but Bruce At B-line control had it lying around and called me on it if i wanted it. i also had the piggyback resiviors re plated.

yeah it did cost me but this is what we do with our bikes.  $ $ $$ $ $ $ $  OUCH

• 1 month later...

Pics of my carved banshee seat. Lots of foam to work with, started with a good bread knife, by carving and shaping the seat to my liking, then finishing the fine shaping of the seat with a grinder and a 80grit flap disk.

This seat is going on my drag bike. E011ACAC-C2C9-49EC-8F53-B87FA5235949_zps6DD2BAB4-99D7-4B16-96D9-8E442DDBEAB1_zps

I actually took more out, but forgot to take pics before putting the cover back on, the bump is about 3", should be sufficient in holding my ass in place.

Finished product.

3E438125-DFF6-4890-9F31-FE062651D635_zps

my shocks are yfz revalved and the rear is revalved to my weight and riding style. will think about just getting a used seat and playing with it to see if i like the difference. question is an 87 seat lower ?

I bought an old j arm banshee project that has a  really short seat.......