finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

Long story short, it's been about 5-6 years since i did a frame up build. My bike's been down for nearly 2 years since the engine blew. In that time, i forgot a lot of things needed for a frame up build. Basically everything nut and bolt will need to be turned. This will be a thread i update with my build until complete. With our home almost done being built, it's time to get this done so i can get the bike from my folks' home and into my shed.

This will be a play bike in open fields and long strait roads. Not much drag racing, hill shooting etc. It wont be ridden in the wet. No jumps.

nothing engine nor suspension related can be bought used!

Engine:

Engine: It's just a mild 532 redline serval on pump gas. That's complete and here.

exhaust is bought and here. custom big bore shearer

carbs/billet bowls are bought and here. 39mm carbs (pwk's i believe).

throttle cable's are bought and here.

I have a brand new front sprocket ready to go on it.

Ill be using my stock tank and a dual pingel valve. It's old but it should work.

transmission: redline pro mod. That's here already. i took out my n-down 1-5 duneable. it was fun but isnt needed anymore. I will keep it in the shed just incase i want to split the cases and put it back one day.

Suspension:

front shocks: I want these for the front Fox Shocks Float X EVOL Front Shox

rear shock:  I need to find an equivalent to the front. I dont want a resi for front nor rear.

front a-arms: I still have not decided on this. I need something low maintenance that will not squeak over time. i want +3+1.

frame:

i have a spare strait frame ill use. I will be removing unneeded tabs and will be referencing a thread i made earlier in the year for that. Then that and the swing arm will be brought to the powder coaters. Color combo will stay the same black and white theme like a 2001. The frame will be black though.

I have a set of moose racing bearings for the front. It has two bearings and two seals. Can someone confirm that's all i need before I bring it to the machine shop to get the bearings pressed in/out?

swing arm will remain stock until after bike is complete and i ride it for a little while. I already have a gforce axle in great shape. It will be powder coated stock silver or close to it.

Wheels/tires:

I will be using ambush tires and i'm not sure which wheels. I'm not sure which wheels i will need for this. I have no looked to see if there are different sizes of ambush tires yet, its so i am not sure which people use.

Misc:

grips: I can get that local. nothing fancy.

levers:(already have ASV)

thumb throttle will stay stock unless i pick up a honda or chariot.

chain: I already have one. It's been soaking in kerosene.

radiator: will be a cheap Chinese $100 unit. I read a lot of good things on here via search.

hour meter: ill get a $30 unit like i have on my dirtbike. Has a built in tach also.

plastics: going with stock except fronts will be race cut. ill be buying new.

grille: buying a new stock grille. I dont care for my panty dropper grill anymore.

brakes: pads and lines will need to be changed. Who sells stainless steel braided lines? I will buy rotors all around. That's 3 total.

front bearings: where to get them and will regular hand tools be fine to address this.

tap for the screw holes: The powder coating shop does use silicone plus but a few holes seems to get some powder on them. It's very hard to start a screw. I need to know which thread pitch taps i need that are most common the banshee frame.I will order the most common ones. I work at a machine shop so i can barrow some special size taps if needed.

things like a flwheel pulleys, impact gun, carb sync tool etc i have already. I built a little 4mil yeas ago. swapped out the trans etc no problem.

Any info will that will help me is appreciated. There really isnt a budget but i'm not going to buy stuff i dont need. Also i refuse to buy chrome bling bling stuff. The pipes are chromed by cpi and that's about it. Completion date will be when it's done. Work is very busy now and my house comes first.

thanks but i'm not posting just the engine pics. It's nothing fancy. It's not powder coated due to fear of keeping heat it. And no polish nor painted jugs/cases. I'm still running the stock covers due to budget and fuction over looks reasons. My lockup is a slingshot so it fits under the stock cover.

You can just buy the oversized radiator on eBay for like 70 bucks. They work great. For wheels you could go hyper with some 22" ambush on the rear if that's the choice of tire you want. What's going to be nice about the bead locks is that tire changing is a breeze. Bigger motors will go through rear tires faster and if you don't have a tire machine you can easily change them out yourself. They pay for itself over time which is nice. Is your engine a 10 super serval?

It's a 10mil super thats ported. I just told him how i ride and what i wanted. I dont understand how power curves related to drive ability so discussing that was irrelevant.

The only rear shock i see with no remote resi is this: http://atvgalaxy.com/atvs/suspension/shocks/fox-shocks-float-mxr.html

Anyone have a recommendation? Keep in mine, i'm coming from stock suspension so id assume that cheaper shock would be fine. The next level seems to be this http://atvgalaxy.com/atvs/suspension/shocks/fox-shocks-podium-x-remote-rear.html but that comes with a remote resi.

Which a-arms are people liking these days? I need something that doesnt squeak after some use. I dont need it to be fully adjustable seeing how i have stock stuff now.

My phone didn't save the banshee as my bike. No wonder it let me view the shock for mini. Thank you.

I just find no remote resi looks cleaner.

I'm all for getting a rear stock shock reworked. Who has quick turn around and great customer service?

I meant remote resi. My mistake.

So who do i send my stock rear shock to?

Reactive Suspension

959 Memorial Hwy, Oley, PA 19547

(610) 493-0093

Very knowledgeable and Very reasonably priced

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk