finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

Installed the JL engineering DC conversion(floated my stock stator), ebay brake light kit(works with my yfz450 front master).

I found engine has been on 5.5* of timing. Always thought it was 4* for some reason. Went back to 5* when i put it back together. I hear Rigid makes really good LED spot pods but ill try mine first. I really dont ride at night.

I'm not sure what's next for this bike besides wiring up the brakes lights to work with the rear brake.

Here's a boring video https://youtu.be/greJTyq_dsw

edit* next addition will be a lockup cover. Id hate for the round insert to come loose AGAIN and ruin riding for the day.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I finally got to bring the bike to my folks house yesterday. The field was dry enough. I decided to open it up. I didn't hold it long wot but it hit 92mph with 14/41 gearing. I don't plan to change gearing nor tires. The bike handles well, hook well enough for its power and the gear spread is nice. However the front end tends to be a little lite when going over bumps at 75+.

With that said, I'm very glad I did full suspeison and freshened up the whole thing for a more stable and safer experience.

I am looking into a better pad compound and perhaps swapping out my Jds rotors for something better. I want more stopping power. I'm going to bleed my brakes a little more to see if by some chance I have a tiny air bubble left.