Painting plastics

sr73087

I bought a project banshee to possibly flip. I will likely keep it for alittle and then flip it in the spring. The plastics are classic yamaha blue but are alittle rough. Will painting the plastics affect the value in a positive or negative way? If I should paint it, would keeping it blue likely yield the highest return?

Except it will peal off easy enough with a nice pressure washer, and it's dull finish looks like shit. If I was going for the trailer park look I'd for sure use it. Some kid sprayed it on the wheelie bar of his yfz before I bought it from him...I grabbed it one time to move the ass end, and it started peeling.

If done right it does not peel off and holds up very well. My wife and daughters bike both have painted plastic and it has held up very well. I pressure wash them every time we get back from riding. Take your time do some research and do it right and you will be happy with how it turns out. 

You should head over the dip your car forums, you'll soon see it's come a long way. Gloss, metallics, flips. People are washing their cars and trucks week in and out and it holds up.

Gas is the only worry as it bubbles it up. Peel it off and spray it again!