Prefered way to get wider and lower?

RooR

RRL, are you over inflating when studding? It helps to balloon the tire up, stud it then when you let air out the rubber contracts tighter around the studs. You can also dip them in rubber cement before screwing them in. You are correct on making sure to use angles on studs but it certainly has to be forward tilted from the top side. Then the outer two rows that get double studed, you need to face one so it kicks outward to keep the bike from spinning out while the other is on a 15-20* angle equally inward and forward. I'm kind of pissed it took me a few years to get it dialed, but the pros aren't exactley leaving tires uncovered for you to really see what they're doing.

As far as the 20" tire, it's what I've ran for 5 years now. I'm happy with it, but after trying my stud combo on some 18's last year I'm lindor torn. The 18" puts more weight/pressure in a smaller spot so it hooks up on the straights. The 20" spreads the weight so the tire slips a bit more, but it corners much much better.

as for using a washer n nut on the inside to hold them in place,  I have known a few people to do it, but I got mixed feelings about it....   thats a crap ton of added weight to the tires!

If using nylon nuts on the inside it can't be that much weight is it?  Next time I'm near the local Fastenal I'll probably stop in and get a few so I can calculate actual added weight. (not sure if the 10mil cub could spin them :shrugani: )

Banshees get stuck running open/outlaw immediately. Occasionally I see more stockish bikes running with the 0-330 2 strokes.

Unless your in Ohio.. we have a 0-400 class with no 2/4 Stroke designation :) and also the 450 class does not specify 450 4 stroke.. rulebook says 450cc ON THE JUG.

I know its shown on a Dirtbike tire but THIS is how i studded mine on my quad.. i will send pics later when i can get out to the garage. I used some Dunlop Stock front tires and Cheng Shin C826's in the rear. follow the angles in this video and i've never thrown 1 single stud yet. Been Racing Pro class indoor ice since 2010.

Had the same setup for the rears last winter b4 I melted down because of a leaky head gasket. Got them when I bought a parts lot off CL. Did a lot of time sitting on the rear fender trying to hook up, and chucked almost every stud the first time out.

They definitely shouldn't be chucking studs. How long were they ?