Prefered way to get wider and lower?

RooR

good info.  i got a set of original stock dunlops for the front, think they could work?  And i thought you needed to run tubes when you stud?  Also, what screw/stud do you recommend?

i am thinking my quadzilla is going to be a better ice bike with the amount of torque it has compared to the shee.  Lots to think about.

No tubes, just have to be studded when the rubber is good. I still have a set around here that has 4-5 seasons on them, and they hold air just fine. Do not take some old hard dry rotted Junkers and stud them. They won't flex, and won't hold air. All the while they will spit your expensive studs all over .

Edited by trickedcarbine

so im thinking of going with this set up;

Fire ball +3 a-arms

Fox float 3 shocks

rath or durablue sway bar

kenda kutter xc fronts

Possible R1 rear shock?

-2 swinger

+4 axle??

c826's in the rear

As stated ^ get shocks that have no upper rezzy. I bet the fox floats with no rezzy would be totally fine. Seen quite a few of them showing up on fast bikes. Be prepared to be crafty mounting a sway bar to LT arms. Might have to get crafty and make some shims or weld tabs on. Don't bother with the clamps. They sort of work on the lighter 450's but the banshee is just a pig, and walks them around.

Edited by trickedcarbine

Last year was my first year racing. I got a great low stance @49" wide with about 1-2" higher in front.

Had a 10mil cub built by redline.

It handled and rode great, tons of power... my number one issue was tires. I had no clue what I was doing so I threw 1 stud per lug on some 826's. That was alright, but I was a dumbass and rolled it in and out of my concrete garage. Needless to say I wasn't hooking up for shit.

If you have a little $$ to play with I'd highly recommend contacting Larry strangefeld for a real tire setup. I just got my rears with custom wraps from him last week and they look AMAZING. Almost all of the WI guys who are at the top use his tires.

I talked to Larry when I ordered them about my concerns over throwing studs. He said if I was really worried I should get some nylon nits to screw on the inside. Anyone up in canuckland do that?

Last year was my first year racing. I got a great low stance @49" wide with about 1-2" higher in front.

Had a 10mil cub built by redline.

It handled and rode great, tons of power... my number one issue was tires. I had no clue what I was doing so I threw 1 stud per lug on some 826's. That was alright, but I was a dumbass and rolled it in and out of my concrete garage. Needless to say I wasn't hooking up for shit.

If you have a little $$ to play with I'd highly recommend contacting Larry strangefeld for a real tire setup. I just got my rears with custom wraps from him last week and they look AMAZING. Almost all of the WI guys who are at the top use his tires.

What's Larry's current info? I tried some number I found for him on another forum, ( that's right, I'm a traitor!) and it just said it is no longer in service. I can build tires just as nice, but I'm not gonna have time to prep this season so I'd rather just pay someone else at this point to be sure it's done.