Prefered way to get wider and lower?

RooR

Im going to be setting my shee up for flat track and ice racing, Im starting to look into what im going to do with my front end and finding a lot of options.

Whats the best way to get to the correct width and ride height?  Ill be using yfz450 shocks

a arms

wheel spacers

offset rims

Lowering and widening kits that change a-arm mount location

Lowering and widening kits that change shock mount location

also using a sway bar with any of these?

Thank you this is exactly the type of info im looking for.

When your talking about LT arms are they lt250r or ltr450?  do these require modification to fit?

is it beneficial to run a smaller front tire to get the front end lower?

I'll start doing some more reading!

I was one of the guys who had new lower shock mounts welded on to adjust ride height. I love it. I'd never trust any of the front lowering kits.

If you look thru some of the flat track threads there's a few detailed pics of my mounts and the ones I copied

check the rules of where you plan to race, no point in making a quad that wont pass tech.

Keep it at 50" for tech

OP, PM me your phone # for pix of adjustable perches. I am currently running those shocks for ice racing but they need some changes. Well, really everything but the bodies needed changing for my liking.

If money becomes no object. RRL is spot on with long travel and a custom length shock out back. The best banshee I've rode was on +3 LT arms with 18.5" PEPS ZPS shocks all around. Fucking nasty. Had to weld two tabs on for the sway bar but it was flawless. Totally let's the front come up a bit but drooped the front tires enough to still grip and turn.

Ya, but you are way ahead with already having LT. Just need a few tweaks and your bike would move like it's on rails. Between the new house and two surgeries this year, my hopes of doing a hybrid are out the window. Seems like every time I get bills caught up and save a few bucks something happens. Hah, must be the luck of the Irish.

Im jumping in on this thread.

So i am in the process of building a 19.25 inch LT bike with Fireball arms.  Can i make this work for ice racing or is this way to much suspension? My current motor is a 4 mil Redline with play port, maybe 70 hp if tuned perfectly.  I know i need a stock or shorter length swingarm

Nice house for the money, I had to pay double in Edmonton for half the house.  Payments until i am almost 70!