Abe

LCW

I bought an LSR axle from Abe a little over two months ago for a dune bike build. On first inspection of the axle, visually, it seemed like all was well. I didn't think much of it because Abe had claimed that it was straight. I went ahead and put it on the bench until I fished rounding up parts for the build. Fast forward to now I'm finishing up the build, put the axle in the carrier spin it and it's clearly bent. Upon further inspection with a dial indicator, the axle is defected around .030 on the left side. I pulled the axle to put it on a bench setup to indicate between the bearing races and found that was within .002 runout. I then decided to measure the right side and found that it was around .006 deflected. I contacted Abe at first sign of being bent. He wanted some evidence of my claim and I provided a video of indication. After that I asked what he wanted to do, he preceded to tell me that two months have gone by and it's my problem. Abe also seemed to think that it was bent during shipping. Both sides of the axle got bent during shipping and the middle is true? I just want Abe to make it right with me on this deal.

Sprinklerman, used or not, it was said to be straight and it's not. I sold a used crank that came out of running bike to a member here. A builder recommended against using it for a new motor, I bought it back a month or two after I sold it.

Can you even feel .030" while riding it?

That's little more than a sparkplug gap.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2014-09-14-22-06-15_zpsudppwa thought you were going to run this axle and see what happened ? One complaint after another even though you have never actually ran it ? like I've told this guy a few times I rode the axle directly before shipment and it ran out fine. That is why I made the comment if it was bent then it had to be in shipping. Now did I check it for roll out with a dial? no but what fucking axle guru would on a used part if it rode fine and looked strait on a lsr axle that you sold for $115 shipped. IMO the buyer received a good working used part for a used price , isn't that what was suppose to happen. Now two months later I'm suppose to refund your money, I'm not here to take no one of their hard earned money nor to be took myself because you decided you wanted a new one

It's .030 one way. Around .060 Total Indicator Reading. The other side is .012 Total Indicator Reading. The bends can be offset, I haven't checked yet, causing irregular bearing wear and premature bearing failure. In other words, I don't want to replace a carrier or bearings every riding season..