Shock Covers

2004LEBanshee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixitrod,

All my buddies ran shock covers. They didn't know any better. I didn't run them because I like being able to easily see whats up with my shocks as I ride. After a while, my buddies decided to sell their shocks. Like most people, they didn't clean their shock covers after every ride. They removed their shock covers and to their dismay, the paint had been worn off the springs. One of my buddies had blown a seal and didn't know it until he bent his a-arm. Go on ebay and you will be able to tell which shocks had shock covers on them. They look like someone took sandpaper to the springs. Beat looking shocks don't sell well. Clean shocks are a work of art. Why hide/ruin them?

"they didnt know any better"...wrong....."i like to watch my shocks" ....how fuckin gay is that........."they wore the paint off them"...shocks arnt painted....."One of my buddies had blown a seal and didn't know it until he bent his a-arm." ..cool he found out is seal was blown after he ate it and bent a -arm......hows a blown shock seal gonna bend steel?......."looks like someone took sandpaper to the springs"......from not running covers you mean......

Ok let me reply to your jackass statements, I like to keep an eye on my shocks to look for problems, you fool. Also not running s.c. gives me instant access to adjustment. Powder coat can be abraised. I'm sure you know the world's best powder coater, go ask him. Shock covers get soaked with grit, mud, dirt, sand.............the fabric acts like sandpaper. Not a hard fact to realize. You must be running in the back of the pack to need such protection from open-air debris and all that GRIT you RACE in.

Post some pics of this badass bike, prove your statements before you cry or something like that. Pics, videos, or timeslips all go around here. I bet you got a 6000HP funnny car motor in that bitch like tithead. Put some pics up.

Ok let me reply to your jackass statements, I like to keep an eye on my shocks to look for problems, you fool.  Also not running s.c. gives me instant access to adjustment.  Powder coat can be abraised. I'm sure you know the world's best powder coater, go ask him. Shock covers get soaked with grit, mud, dirt, sand.............the fabric acts like sandpaper. Not a hard fact to realize. You must be running in the back of the pack to need such protection from open-air debris and all that GRIT you RACE in.

actually i do run behind everyone..and your shock adjustments are outside the covers another clue to me that you dont have an investment in aftermarket shocks...just between me and you when i had the stockers i didnt run covers either......

And as for blown seals,  if the seal blowes and you are riding hard, what happens next? Don't be dumb blueduce. I'll make sure you know my pic is orig. Trust me.

um gee let me guess your a-arms bend right mmmm from what? some downward force from a collapsed shock?......what did the guys spring somehow come out of the shock body, jesus dude blow that smoke up some one elses ass i aint buyin it....oh and just another tip from the shock guru the seal around that shaft has absolutly NOTHING to do with the valving.......