Shock Covers

2004LEBanshee

Fixitrod,

All my buddies ran shock covers. They didn't know any better. I didn't run them because I like being able to easily see whats up with my shocks as I ride. After a while, my buddies decided to sell their shocks. Like most people, they didn't clean their shock covers after every ride. They removed their shock covers and to their dismay, the paint had been worn off the springs. One of my buddies had blown a seal and didn't know it until he bent his a-arm. Go on ebay and you will be able to tell which shocks had shock covers on them. They look like someone took sandpaper to the springs. Beat looking shocks don't sell well. Clean shocks are a work of art. Why hide/ruin them?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least my Banshee Dosen't look like I ran it through autozone and equipped it with every usless piece of crap accessory I can get my hands on like Blueduce's.

Blueduce, do you have curb feelers on your impala?

Shock covers look like shit IN MY OPINION. Let me ask you this, why don't any aftermarket shock companys like Works or Elka sell shock covers? Because they are usless and are abrasive to the spring coating. And as for keeping all that grit off of the shaft, the shaft on a quality shock is so hard that dirt or sand isn't gonna hurt it. Also, the shocks have seals that are designed to keep out grit. Shock covers are just another way for a company to sell you a useless product. Go ahead and use em'. By the way, I have a cool lookin axle cover and some footpegwears I wanna sell you. :lol:

At least my Banshee Dosen't look like I ran it through autozone and equipped it with every usless piece of crap accessory I can get my hands on like Blueduce's.

Blueduce, do you have curb feelers on your impala?

Shock covers look like shit IN MY OPINION. Let me ask you this, why don't any aftermarket shock companys like Works or Elka sell shock covers? Because they are usless and are abrasive to the spring coating. And as for keeping all that grit off of the shaft, the shaft on a quality shock is so hard that dirt or sand isn't gonna hurt it. Also, the shocks have seals that are designed to keep out grit. Shock covers are just another way for a company to sell you a useless product. Go ahead and use em'. By the way, I have a cool lookin axle cover and some footpegwears I wanna sell you. :lol:

useless accessorys like what?......if youve seen my bike whats useless? well maybe my 500 dollar stearing stabilizer was a bit over board, but does come in real fuckin handy when your gonna travel 90 miles across the desert in 2 hours...... thats a laff...i guess when Eric at Elka gave me a set of the thickest best, shock covers ive ever seen to protect the shafts on my 22 hun worth of shocks he was full of shit, since he knows i race in the driest worst shittiest terrain in th USA...i dont give a flying fucck if you think they look like shit or not, abrasive to the spring my ass, "the shaft is so hard dirt wont hurt it"...haahahaha, do you know what silt is moron?..its the fine grit you cant even see, it sneaks its way into your seals...go a head and post us all a pic of your bike, i wanna see this!!..and also if your the shock expert tell me the theory behind a double rate shock and a tripple rate and dont forget to include the spring rate formula, if for some reason you cant come up with it let me know and ill post it for you, you might learn something....peace dawg

I'll post a pic. No problem. Never said I was an expert. All I know is what I have seen. Obviously you are a big time pro or somthing. I have no right to have an opinion aganst such a bad ass rider. 2 hours across the desert? WOW!

Eat shit you prick. I don't care who you know at ELKA, they didn't give you ELKA shock covers. Some dude took your money, fool! 2200 bucks for elka shocks? Am I to be impressed? Are you a complete whore for any salesman that walks your way? HA HA HA you got took and now you try to pimp advice like you are a banshee engineer or somthing.

HA HA you can get ELKAS on ebay for a grand-custom. I want to sell you some shit. You are a cash cow. Why are you typing when you have a championchip to win, speed racer?(blue duce) You are the one who opened their mouth and started spewing shit.

I'll post a pic. No problem. Never said I was an expert. All I know is what I have seen. Obviously you are a big time pro or somthing. I have no right to have an opinion aganst such a bad ass rider. 2 hours across the desert? WOW! 

Eat shit you prick. I don't care who you know at ELKA, they didn't give you ELKA shock covers. Some dude took your money, fool!  2200 bucks for elka shocks? Am I to be impressed? Are you a complete whore for any salesman that walks your way? HA HA HA you got took and now you try to pimp advice like you are a banshee engineer or somthing.

yeap yer right i got fucked, lets see yer bike f*ck all the bullshit, i was my own salesman asshole, they dont contact you, you do them, and im not trying to impress you i just find your post's to be moronic and as full of shit as any ive heard yet, and i just asumed you were a expert on shocks with your "seals keep dirt out" statment I im mean shit, the tollarance bettween the shaft and the seal is tighter than snot right, yet the shaft still moves......next thing you'll try to say is an "air filter" is for pussies right.......

HA HA you can get ELKAS on ebay for a grand-custom. I want to sell you some shit. You are a cash cow. Why are you typing when you have a championchip to win, speed racer?(blue duce) You are the one who opened their mouth and started spewing shit.

well get me 2 front full race doubles, a full race rear double, all ssd's with 2 sets of extra springs (for all 3) and 3 years of service for a grand...ill buy all you can come up......and post your pic...

The orig. post was about a guy who bought some shock covers, and they quickly started getting holes in them. He wanted some opinions about shock covers. I GAVE MY OPINION. I am happy you know how to quote, but you are not Banshee GOD. I never clamed to be an expert, just sharing my experence with shock covers. But you flame like you are an expert so I guess you are right and everyone else is wrong. Get a grip, dickhead. You must be very busy being your own salsman and all.

Damn all of this started from shock covers in the beginning. It's great. In the words of the UFC ref, "Let's get it on."