Shock Covers

2004LEBanshee

:lol: The shock will not be able to control it's rebound and compression with a blown seal. Why do you think they put valves and seals in shocks, jackass. But I'm sure you got a better explanation than me 'cause you run ELKA shock covers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are boring me. Like I said, start a thread in images and post your bike. Mine will follow. If you are calling me out, show your shit. I don't want to waste my time on someone like you just because you have a wish list under your posts and you flame to be a pro. I will wait for your post. ;)

You are boring me. Like I said, start a thread in images and post your bike. Mine will follow. If you are calling me out, show your shit. I don't want to waste my time on someone like you just because you have a wish list under your posts and you flame to be a pro. I will wait for your post. ;)

oh well shit, thats all you had to say...... heres some pics of both my banshee's have a peak...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288380749

Wow, this is crazy.

Anyway, I have heard from somewhere else that the coating can get rub marks on it... oh boy. Rub marks on my springs that are covered... what will people think? :o

I'd rather that grit and sand get stopped at the cover rather than at the shaft. The shaft can and will get pitted if not taken care of.

As far as the shaft getting bent from being low, this doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying you're wrong, but if it were low from leaking wouldn't that mean less force on the shaft? I could see bending an a-arm from bottoming out, but if he didn't notice it was riding bad before than.... man. I think the seal went from bending the shaft. That's my opinion.

As far as whose bikes better, how can you, Sandstar, ridicule blueduece for have "all the useless shit from AutoZone" and "curb feelers" but turn around and say your quad looks so much nicer. Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I like to see a quad that operates well. I started with chrome pipes and decided chrome isn't for me. I ride too hard and get to dirty for it to matter.

As far as whether to buy good shock covers.... I say go for it if you want to save your shock. There are no wonder seals or un-destructible shaft material. The operation of the shocks is more important to me than the rub marks..... If they ever start.

You are welcome, Blue Duce. Thank YOU for an invigorating discussion. You certany brought up some good points. I am not claiming to have the best banshee out there. But I am very proud of my clean shee, and I will post a pic in the black banshees string tomorrow for all to see.

cool i would like to see it...... all of us with banshee's have nice bikes and are proud of them, all those trinkets and shit we put on them are what makes yours different from mine yet the same, im glad we took the opportunity to insult each other also, it makes these forums a little less boring dont you think?

Right on, Blue Duce. Any Shee is allright by me. I just thought some of these posts were getting kind of tame. I just read this entire thread again, and I laughed my ass off! Check my bike out in the all black shee thread in Images and tell me what ya think. Still trying to get that pic post thing down!