How easy is it to Install?

keeks707

I want to purchase and install a bolt on subframe from stellar machine but im not a proffesional welder or anything of that sort. I wanted to know if anyone had instructions or a tutorial on how to install the subframe. Also if anyone has any feed back from the stellar subframes! Thanks alot

Pictures won't show you shit. You should measure from the ground up to several points on the original subframe before you even begin to cut. The brake reservoir will be your main focus. Weld the sub on wrong and it will be all dicked up.

I would also measure the rear exhaust hanger bolts from the ground up as well.

Stellar weld on sub-frames use the rear master cylinder mount as a guide. They're really simple to do. Once you bolt it at the master cylinder it almost lines itself up. You bolt the tabs to the sub-frame, center it up and tack weld it. Then remove the sub-frame and weld the tabs up.

EDIT: I like bolt on sub-frames because in the event you pile up the bike you can just buy a new sub-frame and bolt it on. You don't have to hassle with grinding on the frame especially after powdercoating.

ygaqezep.jpg

udypu4yq.jpg

What's the purpose of a removable subframe ?

Sent from my microwave

Couple reasons.

1. Some people want a chrome or different color sub-frame.

2. If you pile up the bike and wreck the sub-frame, you can buy a replacement without affecting the main part of the frame.

Tyler... who built your subby again? was it tyson?

ideally thats exactly what I want to do for mine one day... bolt on subframe

also.. looking at your tabs.. wouldnt the sub frame be kind of prone to snapping REAL EASY at the tabs? one roll over hitting the subframe would surely just rip them out along with what ever else is on the subframe

The same guy that built his new frame told me that bolt on sub frames are not recommended. He did say that he would send me a bolt on if I really wanted it. Something about bolt holes wearing out and the sub frame starts to feel like a wet noodle flopping around. Secured yes, but not like a weld on.