Banshee Seat Alignment

Bearded Murlock

I can't figure out why there is a huge gap between the seat and the gas tank/plastic. Rear fender being installed does not close gap any. Am I missing some spacer of some sort? Googled around and haven't seen any pics like this or issue in general. Frame does not look damaged or bent to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/jphoppe1/library/

Hopefully this link works, I tried attaching individual pictures, as well as tinypic images but one was to big and the other was wrong extension.

If these cannot be viewed point me in the right direction on how to get pictures on this site. Thank you in advance.

I found this part number on the bottom of the seat, 2gu-24770-00. Under the part number it says semi double seat assy. The part number returns nothing in ole google, but searching just the text it pulls up a seat that looks extremely similar. Here is the link.

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-yz125k-off-road-19831984_model8976/semi-double-seat-assy_24xw247310/#.U-uQ0PldVN4

The plastic bottom does not look altered but im wondering if it is possible that one of the previous owners just re covered a different seat and slapped it on.

You guys were spot on. I removed the cover, put the seat on and cargo strapped it down further then usual in order to find the sweet spot. I'll let it sit in the sun and see if that does the trick. If not on to the heat gunning.

One last thing, on your frames where the seat hooks in on the front do you guys have any sort of rubber spacer where the plastic meets metal? When my seat is on and in place the plastic tang that sits under the metal has a pretty big gap as well. It seems like there should be some sort of rubber spacer there.

No rubber spacer there. There are 4 rubber bumpers on the bottom of the pan. 2 tall ones in the back and 2 short ones in the front. I am betting that the pan is also U shaped from side to side, raising the rubber bumpers and lowering the middle. The back lower edge should be straight across. I bet it's not.  I seriously doubt that the sun is going to do it. Like I mentioned, heat gun, patience and luck or a new seat.