New Chariot Head 21cc domes. Can I run pump gas ?

Hey guys, Just installed my new Chariot Cool Head with 21cc domes. Can I still run pump gas ? Here are the details.

300 feet above sea level

cylinder base gasket .046

squish .048 .045

Timing +4

main jets 290

pilot jets 30

compression 157 160

Thanks!

64.5mm bore. Jeff (fast) did the .020 over

I bought the bike from original owner (5 years ago) that had an mx port job done on it. Company that did the porting is no longer in business. I originally put the cool head on with a .020 cylinder base gasket and the squish was .026 .029 and compression 172 175.

Reason for the.046 gasket.

Jeff did the bore two years ago, he did ask me something about the cylinders and honestly it went in one ear and out the other. I didn't understand what he was talking about. I guess this is coming back to get my attention now.

I agree something (decked) was done to these cylinders, it wasn't jeff though.

maybe back the timing down to stock and run good pump gas(not old either) and keep checking the plugs.

or run 22's. it has pretty loose squish for stock stroke which is on the safer side.

i ran 20cc on my 350 i think it was kicking around 165-170 with +7 timing. but using avgas/pump mix

Thanks guy's,

I think I'm going to first back the timing back to stock.

Get 5 gallons of fresh 93 octane fuel.

Ride it, check the plugs and go from there.

I was also thinking of calling our local airport and seeing if they sell av fuel and possibly mixing half and half in a 5 gallon jug.

I imagine whoever did the mx port on the cylinders must have also decked the cylinders at the same time. I never did measure the base gasket two years ago when I sent my cylinders to Jeff but I'm would think it was either an .020 or .030 and that was what the porting was based on but the squish was uncomfortably tight.

I knew this whole thing was very odd and this is why I posted it.

Is there any problem with running a .046 base gasket if I decide it works ?

Thanks Again.

I went to our local airport like I was debating earliar and bought aviation fuel. 100 Octane, $6.00/Gallon, It is blue in color. I'm going to mix this with premium 93 octane half & half and have fun this summer. I will re-visit this situation later this year.

M671054,

I'm sure the porting was done refrencing the cylinder base gasket thickness, problem is I don't know what that thickness was and I am aware it will mess with the port timing.

I'm hoping everything runs good tomorrow and feel's good.

I will leave some feedback on this either tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks You for all your help Guy's !

OK, I did say I would leave feedback on my situation here.

I mixed 2.5 gallons of aviation fuel (100 Octane) with 2.5 gallons premium fuel (93 Octane) and Klotz Super Techniplate oil together and ran it in the Banshee.

The only thing I had to adjust for the bike to run extremely good was the air/fuel mixture screws.

Banshee now starts up on first kick cold and runs awesome. As you all know when your bike runs really good with lots of power it is going to be hard to notice a seat of the pants increase in power. This would have to be dynoed to really see if I lost or gained horsepower.

All in all I'm happy. This winter I'm probably going to put a .043 cylinder base gasket (reinforced with metal) on the bike and have a set of domes cut specifically for the bike to run on premium fuel minus the aviation fuel.

I do appreciate you guy's input to not chance premium fuel alone and agree with your suggestions, Thanks !!!

I'm at 145' ASL and I'm running 150psi with 21s and a Chariot head.  Just figured I'd throw that in for reference.  If you back off the timing, you should be fine with 93.  I'm running the 21s with +4 timing in 90+ degree weather and I'm running great on 93.  I'm sure you could do well with stock timing.