Best replacement fenders

deathtrap

I originally ordered my OEM replacements from yamahapart.com which is Flemington Circle Yamaha (about 20 mins from my house). I called to get some clarity and they confirmed that regardless of part number specific to year, Yamaha factory only ships the white with riveted warning labels. They gave me shit and told me "I was done with them and not to order again, but they ultimately cancelled my order and gave me my money back. I called zmperfomance.com and got stock replacement Maiers in white. I bought new black OEM rad and side covers and I think this combo will work out nicely. IMO it isn't worth spending over $400 for new plastics only to have those ridiculous labels all over them. 

• 1 month later...

I actually ordered OEM replacements yesterday only to cancel the order after realizing that they are going to have those ridiculous warning badges riveted to them still. I think I am going to go Maier over OEM and see what happens.

why not just race cut the fenders?

I am not really into the race cut look. I put those maier stock replacement fenders on about a month ago and they fit great with no issues and look awesome. 

i've read some people didnt have good fitment with them on here. i wonder if they got warped or something.

My race cut fronts are bowed out around the tank area.  They stick out a good 1/2" more at the bottom.  Some parts of them are thicker than OEM, some aren't as thick.  The biggest thing is that the divider that comes up from the openings on the hood are much thicker and don't match the way the Banshee looks as a whole.  It is much more rounded off and just basically doesn't fit.  It looks negligible in pictures, but you'll never un-notice it after you see it in person for the first time.  The openings themselves are even worse.  If you took a picture of a Banshee front set, told a kid to draw it, and made a set from that drawing, you'd have maier Banshee fronts.

Every set isn't like that, but you'd best bet that a lot are.  It isn't that it's a completely bad product, they just have no quality control.

Maier is the last manufacturer that I'd recommend going with.  I'll never buy another thing from them unless I have no other option. 

Edited by tfaith08