Best replacement fenders

deathtrap

I have done some research over the past few days and apparently the Maier plastic quality is thicker and nice than oem and the warning labels are stickers that can be peeled off. There were some reports of sketchy fitment, but generally that was regarding the side covers and rad cover. Im willing to give them a shot. 

Yeah seems retarded I know, but I went back to the pics of my old bike that I sold about 4 years ago (pictured above). I bought the bike as pictured and just assumed they were oem without graphics. After doing more research and going back and looking at old pics they must have been Maier. The have no labels and no drilled out rivets, they are completely smooth, the bike also has a Maier rad cover. 

My 87 OEM fenders didn't have the riveted on warning labels. I have wondered for a little while now, if you can buy new OEM 87 fenders, or if they'll just ship you newer white fenders with the holes drilled. I'm also not sure if the white is the same color. They have all they're weird codes. Purplish bluish pinkish white solid or some shit.

Do not even attempt to buy from boats.net. They are awful!! No communication. Didn't ship parts. 2 weeks later, I called and demanded a refund.

My 87 OEM fenders didn't have the riveted on warning labels. I have wondered for a little while now, if you can buy new OEM 87 fenders, or if they'll just ship you newer white fenders with the holes drilled. I'm also not sure if the white is the same color. They have all they're weird codes. Purplish bluish pinkish white solid or some shit.

Do not even attempt to buy from boats.net. They are awful!! No communication. Didn't ship parts. 2 weeks later, I called and demanded a refund.

Im wondering this as well if they would just send you the newer fender or if they actually have a different fender for the older models.

Im in the same boat as the OP, Im about to order some new rear fender. OEM at the dealer would actually be cheaper than Maier for me in Canada. I think im just gonna get the oldest model I can get in my color and hope that they dont have warning plate. unless somebody can chime in on this and confirm if they would have warning plate or not.

When I ordered some they came with the rivited warning labels. I have a 95 and I ordered 96 plastic which originally just had the sticker labels

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That sucks. I just checked the online parts lookup and 99 is the 1st year that they show the riveted on warning labels.