Banshee Stock Gearing?

Flyin_Shee

what is the stock gearing on a banshee? (year 2000 since i heard the earlier years were different).

i ride trails...somewhat tight but not too bad, but i also ride in the open and do a lot of car dragging in the corn fields. i was thinking of going down a tooth on the front sprocket because i'd like to gain some bottom end, i have FMF fatty pipes and powercore II silencers and i still don't have the bottom end i'd like, i don't really have any power until mid-range still.

if moving down a tooth on the front sprocket would cause me to lose too much top end and cause overshifting, i will stick with stock gearing because in the near future i plan on getting the CV carb from Trinity Racing.

you'll like the 13 tooth sprocket, it should help acheive what your describing you want. Hell they're only 10 bucks and an hours time to install its worth it just to experiment. It actually only takes 2 minutes to install the sprocket, it takes 58 minutes to adjust the chain tho :D

STOCK 87 AND 88 WERE 14-42 NOT 13 I AM PRETTY SURE OF IT ANYWAYS, MY DADS CAME WITH A 14-42 AND SO DID MINE B)

The reason the 1987 & 1988 came with the 13 tooth front is they had 22" rear balloon tires. I bought my 1988 Banshee new so I can verify that those tires sucked, and it did come with a 13.