OEM blue plastic paint

I'm trying to paint my plastics back to the OEM blue, I believe the code is DPBSE. They're already sanded and good to paint, I just never imagined it would be that hard to find a good color match. I've gone to Walmart, home depot, autozone, oreillys, pep boys, napa. And not a single one of them carries a blue that's close enough. The oem blue has a purple-ish tint to it. They have the paint on colorrite.com but I don't want to spend more then $90 just for 3 11oz spray paint cans. Has anyone ever painted plastics OEM blue that can give me any advice? Maybe getting automotive paint mixed to the right color?

x2 it will never last...

Not of full fender bikes.

But I have 2 bikes with race cuts and custom paint jobs that are fine.

Every bumper cover on the road today is plastic and they are ALL painted.

• Like 1

Not of full fender bikes.

But I have 2 bikes with race cuts and custom paint jobs that are fine.

Every bumper cover on the road today is plastic and they are ALL painted.

My thoughts exactly. My fenders are race cut as well so theyll be okay since they really don't flex. I'm gonna stop buy at oreillys after work tomorrow and see if we can get anything close. Hopefully once painted it doesn't look like a custom color. I just want them to look like OEM blue plastics. I'm thinking I'll be good with a pint? It's just the race cut front and rear fenders and the gas tank cover Edited by banshee#14