WEXCR Duck creek scramble Logan Ohio

TIM LUTZ

Tried a new series out last weekend  WEXCR.  Wow, 130 quad field, 5 mile track for 2 hours. So first lap this guy stalls in the middle of a creek crossing right in front of me. I go around him on the left an fall off the continental freakin shelf. Pulled the tether and got it shut down before the motor sucked too much water but went down 2 laps pumping water out of the motor. Gave up and loaded it on the truck and figured I kick it one more time & it fired up. Got 2 more laps in and it’s a good thing I wasn’t the only one having a bad day. 3rd in class.

Edited by TIM LUTZ

Problem was there was really only one shallow line through the creek.  I drowned out when I tried to pass a stuck quad as did so many others.  After this, they rerouted.  Lost 2 laps drying my quad out.  returned on lap 4 and tried the creek crossing (just for the pure hell of it) when all the other quads took the go around and made it fine.

Edited by TIM LUTZ

Damn, good to see that big of a turn out tho for those conditions. We had our round #1 the weekend before last and it was almost as bad and we had around 160 quad turn out. Our track was very tight and technical which made it a bitch and wore you out in the mud.