House Of Kolor

Oilsmoke

What Tips do you Pro's have for me and using House of Kolor Noens and Clear coat? Reducer, Primer, topcoat, base coat types, Info reading, Safety equipment etc. I have a small auto touchup gun with the trigger on the top, 8oz-cup oil & water trap with a regulator on my compress air source.

The amount of coats of each would be of help too. I have my own ideas but would like other opinion to consider.

Skill level is Good but I have not work a lot with automotive type paint.

I am planning on Orange and Black Shee. Please ask me questions.

Plastic is one of the hardest abjects to paint. Different brands of paint require, and often want you to use their products for prep. Remember the quality of the paint job depends on the quality of the prep. Your gun will work, but check the paint you are using to check if it is compatible with an hvlp gun.

Primer is a big factor, you generally want to use a very flexible primer, such as urethane. PPG, Dupont, and House of Kolor make excelent primers you can use yourself.

Remember take your time, ask the manufactures lots of questions. I havn't painted a bike yet, but have done several hot rods.