At the end of my rope with tuning my shee

Well I don't no what to do anymore,  I think I tried everything.  When I'm rolling down a path and hit the throttle its bogs down almost like it's sucking in too much air and as soon as power band kicks in "kinda have to play with the throttle"   hang on cause it hits strong and hard all the way to top.  Now I checked for leaks in the boots, reeds look ok and the carbs are in sync close as I could get them.  It has a k&n pro flow filter with a closed box, FmF fatty pipe and silencer. TORS removal (Mikuni) and as far as I could tell the engine is stock. 290 mains, 27.5 pilots and stock needle on  3rd clip. Tried different spark plugs(BR8ES) and the stator is new. I tried moving the clip on the needle down to the 4th position and can't tell if it made it worse. Oh and I've tried every position for the air screw and gas is flowing good. I live in PA Coal country Hazleton/Wilkesbarre 1,943ft Elevation. Do you think I should try moving the needle to the 2nd clip position? I don't know what to try anymore. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

There are way more places that air leaks occur then just boots. Build/buy a leak down. If you wanna do it a hillbilly way, take the stator cover off and start bike. While bike is running spray brake clean arounds all gaskets and seals. You will know if/when you find it. Are you losing any tran fluid?

Slides are in the right way and I'm not leaking and trans fluid. How would I go about a leak down test? I'm thinking it has something to do with my carbs cause it runs great after I get past the bog... Also forgot to mention it smokes (regular white smoke)more out of "when looking at the back end" the right pipe, but only sometimes.Antifeeze is still full. It ran great till I changed the throttle cables. Guy have a twist throttle on it and I changed to to a thumb throttle and also he had 250 mains in it and it was too lean for the cold weather were having.

Sounds like parking brake electrical issue... Make sure the parking break switch on the clutch is disconnected at the connecter. Or the Green/yellow wire is snipped at the cdi. Also your jettings seems pretty fat for having the LID on the airbox. I would think it would be more like 260ish with the lid on snorkel detached. Less if snorkel is still on it. Depending on weather temperatures of coarse but for average riding weather it seems rich.

sounds rich ! if you moveD the clip down you made it richer !  try moving the clip up if that dont help  , raise the clip and drop the main size and  start over untill it gets better .  and are you sure they are synced good  ?   

Edited by Paul M

sounds rich ! if you moveD the clip down you made it richer !  try moving the clip up if that dont help  , raise the clip and drop the main size and  start over untill it gets better .  and are you sure they are synced good  ?   

i ment drop the clip  always start with the clip in a rich position 

I tried all clip positions/cleaned the carb good. I'm starting to think my main is too big(290) I have a 250 jet just don't know if that's too lean. or it has something to do with my coil/spark plug wire cause I got shocked touching the cap. Cleaning the filter out now if this don't work it has to be that. Each cylinder has about 120-125 psi.. Wish there was someone close to me to help. It's getting warmer and this is frustrating...

Edited by xmarlboromanx