Small bore CPI pipes with t5 silencers

Frankthetank

I'm wondering if it would effect my power if I was to use my t5 pipes from the mid point back and cpi's from the manifold to the midpoint. Basically I want the power from the cpi's  but use the silencers and the sparky's from the t5. Where I ride I need sparky's.  I'm also wondering if it would bolt up the same? I'm also looking for info on the "poor mans" cpi verses the other style performance wise.

I believe the "poor mans" CPI's are unstamped, have steel silencers, and are painted black instead of chromed.. Where do you ride in Michigan?

What is the deal with everyone wanting unstamped cpi pipes? Is there any difference in performance?

The OLD CPI's were unstamped.

The new poor boy pipes are unstamped and raw and have steel silencers instead of aluminum.

FRANK was thinking of going with Poor Boy CPI's in flat black as a bit of a sleeper look.

Thanks for the info guys. I think that I am going to have to break down and get a set of cpis. WindyJohn is right though, I like the sleeper idea. I am just debating on the chrome look or a stock flat black look like the stockers for the sleeper look. Either way I have to find some sparky's to go with them.

Zillaguy--- I ride up at silver lake a lot and also the trails in Baldwin. You?

Just run the CPI silencers and get some clamp on sparkies.. Sucks, I know. 

OR just run your T5 header pipes man, they are a great pipe.... When I used to run T5's  I loved that 2-1 sparky, my bike loved it for some reason too. 

Thanks for the info guys. I think that I am going to have to break down and get a set of cpis. WindyJohn is right though, I like the sleeper idea. I am just debating on the chrome look or a stock flat black look like the stockers for the sleeper look. Either way I have to find some sparky's to go with them.

Zillaguy--- I ride up at silver lake a lot and also the trails in Baldwin.

I ride Bundy Hill a lot... I also ride The Huron National Forest too in Mio. (Bull Gap)

• 3 weeks later...

I found a solution. I had the tommey spark arrestors on my t5 pipes, the tea cup style. I took them off and milled out the inside diameter of the CPI tips and milled down the edge of the sparkys where the c-clip or snap ring rests and welded them together. It looks pretty good and I can still remove the tips to clean out the sparky screens. I can also buy different tips if I don't want to run sparkys. Thanks for all of the great ideas! 

• 2 years later...