should i keep the front fenders or hack them off

chevy boy

Circumcised or un circumcised?

Because the ladies prefer circumcised.

So get busy cutting all that excess fenderskin off your machine. As they say.....it makes it easier to clean and looks better too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I never understood why people cut them.

I'm with you.  Mine had cut fenders and I bought stock ones.  Looks so much better.  Might as well just just take all the plastic off and ride around like that, wouldn't look any worse than race cuts.  Flame suit on.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I never understood why people cut them.

I'm with you. Mine had cut fenders and I bought stock ones. Looks so much better. Might as well just just take all the plastic off and ride around like that, wouldn't look any worse than race cuts. Flame suit on. :)

Says the guy with cut fronts as his avatar...

Sent from a porta potty.

• 2 weeks later...

no cut here I like how it looks with them on, it doesn't look like you forgot the other half of your fenders at home....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish I never cut mine

Why? Appearance or other?

I just finished a rebuild and bought all new plastics. I always swore I'd never cut my plastics but cash was getting tight so I bought the "Race Cut" fronts.  While I'm waiting for the graphics, I put the old ones back on and cut them because of the stress marks and generally crappy appearance.  I just rode yesterday for the first time on  the rebuild and didn't miss the fenders at all.  

Just appearance. Nice plastics without stress marks looks like a trail bike and not a naked /drag bike. For stress marks on your old plastics use a heat gun and it helps get rid of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree with you for a set of clean plastics and thanks for the heat gun advice.  I just came in from putting a heat gun to the rears.  Fronts were done several times and they get brittle from using the heat gun repeatedly.  Since I wasn't so attached anymore, I opted to just cut 'em.  But now they they look good again.

Makes sense for sure to cut them + now your more aerodynamic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yeah, that might matter on a drag strip. Not sure it'll make much difference in the woods. Definitely more *bush*dynamic :-)

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

My opinion is that it depends on your riding conditions.

I cut a perfectly good set a few years back and ended up buying a new set with fenders after a few rides.... Here in the east, one water puddle or mud patch and your goggles are totally covered. You'll get muddy with or without them but not being able to see 2 minutes into a ride is sorta a problem.

Banshees look 500 times better without them IMO but unless your riding dry/desert/asphalt, I would leave them. I learned the hard way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk