Bow question

mxturd

So a shop around here is having a sale on all 2013 bows in stock.  I was looking at a Bowtech Assassin on sale for $495 or a PSE Drive for $325, both come fully set up.  Does anyone have any thoughts about these bows.  If the Drive is a good bow I would rather spend less, but if the Bowtech is that much better maybe Ill go with that one. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

So a shop around here is having a sale on all 2013 bows in stock.  I was looking at a Bowtech Assassin on sale for $495 or a PSE Drive for $325, both come fully set up.  Does anyone have any thoughts about these bows.  If the Drive is a good bow I would rather spend less, but if the Bowtech is that much better maybe Ill go with that one. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Talk about weird! I found myself in this same position last year in october on the exact bow your talking about. The local bow shop was having a sale and I had always wanted a bow but never shelled out the cash to own one. I was torn between the assassin and the PSE (something I can't remember now, sorry).

Anyways, took a friend of mine who has bow hunted for years and is real knowledgeable about many different brands to help me make a good decision. I had the guy set my draw length on both bows and shot 6-7 arrows with each. COMPLETE night and day difference between the assassin and the PSE. The assassin had a lot smoother draw and release than the PSE did. 

I paid about $10 more dollars than what you are so your getting a hell of a deal. I only got to take my bow out twice and both times I didn't see anything so I can't give any advice on how well it puts them down. Hopefully next year will be better.

I would recommend the Bowtech Assassin. I really enjoy shooting mine and I think you will to. Good luck with your decision.

The biggest thing is how the bow feels to you. Go and try them. Chances are you will know right away which is the right one. I know the Assassin has received awesome reviews but both PSE and Bowtech make great bows and either would be excellent choices. Even though those are considered entry level, with the new technology today they are now out performing the top end bows of only a few years ago.