Pictures with 6" pod filters

hughmyron

I ran the fast ones on two bikes no issues.

6ypydu8a.jpg

uvyqy6us.jpg

Yea. I know several people who have them and they have zero issues.

I also know several people and a performance shop that have had nothing but problems with them.

Maybe it's a quality control issue ..Some inconsistencies in the filter media etc?

Sent from a van down by the river

What length are those?

Did some searching and they look to be made by bossatvracing i believe.

Yea. They were boss 4acing. I believe there is another generic brand out there too. They are sold through carting companies mostly.

Like I said though.. I'll just stick with the real deal. Why risk a high dollar engine over a couple bucks in air filter. .imo.

There must be inconsistencies in the filter media. For some people they work great..for others , they don't.

Do you want filters that have inconsistencies in the manufacturing? If it's inconsistent in one way it very well could be in another.

If so , run them. It's obvious you want to pinch pennies here. That's the ONLY reason someone would run them instead of genuine K&N's. There's no other benefit to them.

If it was just an isolated experience on my part, I'd say it was something I did or just a fluke. But I had 4 other people confirm that the same thing happened to them. The the shop I talked to confirmed they had 6-7 customers who had issues too. ..so take it as you will.

i run the knock offs on my 421 cub. hjr told me to switch to k&n but i never did, will be putting in k&n's this year. someone told me once some knock offs are 4 ply and some are 8 ply but i have no idea if there is any truth to that.

I ran those filters a couple yrs back. Ran them 2-3 times then they got thrown into the bottom of my JUNK parts bin. A good bit of coal dirt was getting suck past/through the filters. Yes they were oiled properly, and yes i had outer wears.

ya can go broke saving money!

There must be inconsistencies in the filter media. For some people they work great..for others , they don't.

Do you want filters that have inconsistencies in the manufacturing? If it's inconsistent in one way it very well could be in another.

If so , run them. It's obvious you want to pinch pennies here. That's the ONLY reason someone would run them instead of genuine K&N's. There's no other benefit to them.

If it was just an isolated experience on my part, I'd say it was something I did or just a fluke. But I had 4 other people confirm that the same thing happened to them. The the shop I talked to confirmed they had 6-7 customers who had issues too. ..so take it as you will.

Wasn't attempting to save money, i found the K&N's for the around the same price shipped maybe 5-10 dollars more, It was the fitment. Hence this thread. My friend had the K&N's that are straight, not angled for 39mm carbs and they're burnt up and squished from rubbing on the swing arm. I wonder if its to late to cancel the order, does anyone know if k&n makes an angled one similar to the boss one?

I also ordered a dual pingel valve from them if i was so worried about saving money i wouldn't of even ordered that.

Edited by hughmyron