Jail broken Apple TV

Glenyboy

As the title says, has anybody got a jail broken Apple TV? It seems to have some good features such as free tv shows and films.

I know this can all be done on computers but this is a far simpler option as it's just a little box, no startup straight on your big screen.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to get the Apple TV 2, it's not full hd. The Apple TV 2 is 1080 but hasn't got a jailbreak yet.

Once it's jailbroken it can run xbmc with has 1 channel and ice films which has 50-70,000 films including hd quality and 3d.

Here's a video

Remember when Apple launched their epic Super Bowl commercial about breaking free from BIG BLUE IBM?…...

Now Apple is the monolithic entity that wants you to buy ALL your music and movies and product from them exclusively.  :unsure:

Now it's Android that is the operating system that allows independant input of ideas from the outside world for phones. There are plenty of other products out there that do the same thing as Apple TV.  (writing this on my 27" iMac…but surfing on the go from my Galaxy)  ;)  :lol:

I was looking yesterday at a micro computer called the 'raspberry pi', it's very small and runs off a 5v lead and can carried around if your away from home.

You can run both of these programs off of it, and they are around $60, over here there is a guy that sells them pre done with a load of programs, power lead, memory card and backup service for around $100.