Simple plastic restoration. NO CHEMICALS! NO WAX

trickedcarbine

Well i just got a gas tank, (over sized) so the plastic will need to be cut and the uncolored white tank will show on an all black and red banshee.

The plastics that came with the banshee have been harassed 10 fold. Cut, melted, cracked, scarred up everywhere.

All black fenders. Red tank and grill and red hubs. So the plastic restoration will be done when i can get to it.

I just don't have the money to put into aesthetics of the bike. I dont need to paint the whole thing But would love to make it look better any way i can myself. 

watch the video and follow what he says word for word its damn near free a sanding block is a dollar.... take a torch to the edges of the plastic they will look like brand new

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

People always ask how I get my stuff so clean and new lookin. Just came accross a video of a fella who does it my way. He mostly does it by hand, but on big open surfaces I may get out a spiral sewn wheel or even an orbital.

I also wet sand up to 2000 grit, but it gives ya the general idea. Like auto body almost.

Bump

• 4 weeks later...

And you've done this with Fullbores?  Not challenging you, just want to make sure before I do even more damage than I have all ready.  

I have no experience with autobody work, nor does my husband.  I appreciate any tips you can throw my way.  

PS....  Should I try 3000 grit?

3M makes a 3" round arbor and pad 1/4" arbor I think, it has velcro backing and they also make a 3000 grit round pad to go on it. I got a few from local parts store. I have used it in cordless drill or die grinder either will work. Make sure to keep it wet as it will burn the plastic. I had a set of white plastics that had a bunch of spots of some sort soaked through, followed the mentioned steps with sandpaper, then followed with A LOT of time with the 3000 grit, then polished with plastic resore. They came out pretty good.