Simple plastic restoration. NO CHEMICALS! NO WAX

trickedcarbine

People always ask how I get my stuff so clean and new lookin. Just came accross a video of a fella who does it my way. He mostly does it by hand, but on big open surfaces I may get out a spiral sewn wheel or even an orbital.

I also wet sand up to 2000 grit, but it gives ya the general idea. Like auto body almost.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHeZusdTTM

• Like 1

Tricked I do the same process as you do...takes a while but its well worth it. ..scaryvpartbis when they are sanded complete you think you just ruined a good set of plastics. ..especially with black! Heres a pic of mine when I was done and they were beat to hell...now I can see my reflection!

banshee1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because if i can paint them like new then i will not have to buy them new . $$$

If you watch that video he shows you how to restore your plastic not paint ffs painting is horrible unless you NEVER want to ride... no paint will hold up to the abuse of riding and if you get a real good paint job like the drag guys do its gonna cost you just as much if not more than new plastics

I had a buddy who had his painted with automotive paint with a shit ton of flex agent in it...flat areas stayed pretty nice but anywhere a bolt was cracked the fuck out real quick...like mentioned above...get a nice set of platics and keep them nice...I dont know how it is in the dunes but we ride coal and that coal dust fucks plastics up in a weekend...gotta keep up on it...

Well i just got a gas tank, (over sized) so the plastic will need to be cut and the uncolored white tank will show on an all black and red banshee.

The plastics that came with the banshee have been harassed 10 fold. Cut, melted, cracked, scarred up everywhere.

All black fenders. Red tank and grill and red hubs. So the plastic restoration will be done when i can get to it.

I just don't have the money to put into aesthetics of the bike. I dont need to paint the whole thing But would love to make it look better any way i can myself.