Ditch The Fullbores?

Justintoxicated

6 pack rack. 2 gallon tank in it. No offense but those headlights are very obnoxious, why such big headlights?

Try riding WOT in dunes at night.

You'll figure out real fast where the phrase "Form follows function" comes from.

His bike has the full baja look.

That bike is a beast and set up well. Killer shocks to go with killer lighting.

Looks good to me.

Even with killer lights the dunes can be very hard to ride at night.  Its almost dissorienting (sp?) if that makes sense.  So the bigger the better.  Even with LEDs, the bigger the reflector the more light they will put where you need it.  The trend is smaller and smaller lights but that isnt necessarily the best way to go for function. What i have found to work the best for me is a light or 2 with a wide pattern and a lot of spill so that you can read the contours better and 1 light with a little more of a combo patter for distance. I find dessert type terrain and woods much easier than dunes at night because there are objects to give you a frame of reference.

More on topic to the original post i used to run a 6 pack rack on my shee with a 1.25 or 1.5 gallon can i found at ACe hardware that fit perfect.  Only problem was with my shearers, the stingers aimed right at the bottom front corner of the can and started to melt the can a bit after a couple long rides.  I started to feel uncomfortable with having a bomb strapped down back there. I ended up getting a 4 stroke and its what i ride mostly now.  If i were dead set on doing it again i would build some turn down end caps. just my .02

A little better view from the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a closeup?  That looks like the easiest solution.  Not as good as a larger tank but I think that would give me enough fuel for most rides.  As for adding a 2 gallon tank to the back, I do worry about melting the tank with the exhaust.  If that's a better route, which grab bar works best?  I have the typical older style cooler tack, but I think I bent it a bit when I wreck some years ago.

As for the lights, I really don't care if people think they are ugly, I can unbolt them in about 10 minute with 2 bolts if they are in the way.  They are Euro Pattern beam you see on a lot of buggies.  LED lightbars were not even made for my banshee back when I got these years ago.  The problem is I keep melting my stators :(

I've been having the same issue with having fullbores we go on long rides and I usually have to worry about my gas which always sucks .I've contemplated cutting them to fit a desert tank but the thought of taking a blade to them and fucking up keeps me from doing it .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk