Ditch The Fullbores?

Justintoxicated

I'm thinking about ditching my front fullbores for stock plastics with a desert tank. 

I'm sick of only going on 1/2 rides and having to ride through the dunes by myself or drag one of my friends down with me who wants to continue the ride.  It has become a real problem now that I am the only 2 stroke guy at camp, and my group camps farther away from the dunes than they used to.

3974081280_a4b8b5bb46_b.jpg
Me n My Girls by Glamisduner, on Flickr

3308762120_d62f62b0bb_b.jpg
P1022338 by Glamisduner, on Flickr

So how bad would it look with stock front + desert tank + fullbores on the back.?
Edited by Justintoxicated

Ok, for starters your "Friends" are just finding ways to lessen the amazing Dominance of your machine over theirs by making fuel consumption an issue.

They drag you WAAAAAAY far out in the dunes hoping you'll be timid with the throttle for fear of running out of fuel. (They are running to the horizon to try and stay ahead of you somehow.)

Why follow? Your bike has a fabulous suspension that will put theirs to shame. Get that bike's nose to the wind and run that bitch HARD for as long as you dare….then before they can get caught up….Spin that thing around and head back to top off on fuel. If you run them hard enough, they'll wanna go back for refreshments. LOL

Network here on HQ and make some better ride friends. (4-stroke guys are just holding you back) Don't be part of the pokey parade.  Team up with some other like minded guys.

Or…..box up the fullbores and send them my way. Easier yet….Just crate the whole bike. I'll put it to good use.  Then ask your "Friends" to recommend a nice 4-stroke that won't irritate their delicate sensibilities.      

• Like 1

Well the 2-stroke guys I used to ride with either sold their quads or don't go to the dunes anymore.  

Honestly as fast as the banshee is, there's no way I'm faster than our leader on his 450 out in the dunes when he wants to be fast, hes been riding the dunes since I have been alive and is very good at it.  It's not all about being the fastest on the ride since mostly I ride with a large group, rzrs and some sometimes a nice rail or two.

Last trip I ended up riding the 250r because it does much better on fuel.  The banshee is a hog.  I use 1/3rd tank just to get over to the big dunes from Olgiby Camp Area, 1/3rd riding the dunes, then the last 1/3rd coming back from the larger dunes. (roughly).  But even at Glamis the 4 stroke guys get longer rides in, and just do less of them a day.  I do not like riding alone, its just too unsafe.  It's just the way things are going, people don't ride Banshees annymore, parts are always custom ordered online only etc.  The banshee can't keep up, simply because it runs out of gas before the finish line lol.

So should I get another set of plastics and a desert tank or give up on the banshee and get some better suspension for the 250r?  I don't mind dumping in $80 of race gas per ride, but I'm wondering how terrible the Banshee will look if I find some stock plastics and a desert tank.  I'm thinking it will look pretty bad compared to now, but that's probably better than only getting 1/2 a ride in.

Edited by Justintoxicated

Well the 2-stroke guys I used to ride with either sold their quads or don't go to the dunes anymore.  

Honestly as fast as the banshee is, there's no way I'm faster than our leader on his 450 out in the dunes when he wants to be fast, hes been riding the dunes since I have been alive and is very good at it.  It's not all about being the fastest on the ride since mostly I ride with a large group, rzrs and some sometimes a nice rail or two.

Last trip I ended up riding the 250r because it does much better on fuel.  The banshee is a hog.  I use 1/3rd tank just to get over to the big dunes from Olgiby Camp Area, 1/3rd riding the dunes, then the last 1/3rd coming back from the larger dunes. (roughly).  But even at Glamis the 4 stroke guys get longer rides in, and just do less of them a day.  I do not like riding alone, its just too unsafe.  It's just the way things are going, people don't ride Banshees annymore, parts are always custom ordered online only etc.  The banshee can't keep up, simply because it runs out of gas before the finish line lol.

So should I get another set of plastics and a desert tank or give up on the banshee and get some better suspension for the 250r?  I don't mind dumping in $80 of race gas per ride, but I'm wondering how terrible the Banshee will look if I find some stock plastics and a desert tank.  I'm thinking it will look pretty bad compared to now, but that's probably better than only getting 1/2 a ride in.

Crate the bike and send her to me.  :drool: How would you like a nice 09 Suzuki 450 Limited edition in trade? (Black with red graphics and full nerfs) 

Why not get a six pack rack instead? Haul a gas can in it.. I kinda like this one..

http://www.prm-atv.com/index.php/yamaha/banshee-yfz350/product/2778-cargo-rack-banshee-yfz350.html

I used to have one, but I wheelied too hard and bent the subframe.  (On the last frame I had).  Not sure if I want to put another one on there.  An extra gallon does go a long way, if the buggy goes I typically tie one down in it.  Pretty hard not to get sand in the gastank though since it tends to stick to the gascan when riding.

I wonder if the one you linked would fit with the fullbores on the back?

Also I did see this note:

* Not intended for hard aggressive riding which can put added stress on the rack and subframe and may void the warranty.

That has me worried.

Crate the bike and send her to me. :drool: How would you like a nice 09 Suzuki 450 Limited edition in trade? (Black with red graphics and full nerfs)

Damn I was gonna offer up my '06. By not sure if I wanna give up the fuel conserving bike. Haha.