Serval vs Cub

tdod101

FFS..... If HJR is dumb enough to market a part that a weekend warrior racer/fabricator/painter built then he deserves the get his dick ran over! For all third rate half assed builders, Im now building and selling dual a-arm suspended chassis that look like an LSR but are 40% of the price! I will trade motor work for a chassis! Hit me up

I was thinking to myself who is this pastry guy that says i stood in his garage? So then it dawned on me. Its Bobby isnt it? hahaha hilarious stick to craigslist ok!

Now to the whole herrjugs thing. I built him some drag arms trade for porting about 9-10 years ago. I cant really remember everything but I think I did 2 and my brother did 1 . they were all for his personal bikes from what i was told. . Also they were all stock carrier style and for drag not jumping. Now that i think back I do remember him saying something about the rear ear cracking or something. I remember him saying someone was duning and jumping and it cracked.

This was years later after they were done. And I remember my Dad telling me hes had it for a few years and he was jumping a drag arm. So he advised me to not build another for free. Cause I was going to but he was right. There wasnt a lifetime warranty for a part like this. So i told kevin sorry and he didnt seem to have a problem with it as far as i remember. Me and all my family and some friends all run my arms to this day with no issues ever. So he must have used it improperly. So If someone wants to look down on me for that well so be it. I thought it was fair!

And as far as the motors all i got was ported cylinders back from him. So i set up the domes and carbs pipes jetting gearing etc...We had different ideas of the way it should be set up. So I did it myself after learning from others, thats how I learned back then.

And recently bout 1 1/2 years ago i sent a friend his way to get ported cause he rode mine and wanted the same. so I said hjr ported it cause its true. so i sent them to get done. And i set the rest up myself as usual. Thats really all there is to all that. kevin never built me a motor.

The closest to be my "builder" would be mat shearer cause we talked on what would be best for this 10 cub. And we agreed so he cut me domes after i gave him my deck height port timings etc..

For the record, I have never had a motor built by hjr. If he told you that hes lying. Just cylinders sent for porting. Also the swingarms were his personal bikes unless he lied to me. either way i dont care. I hope all the above is clear. So i dont have to think and try and remember every detail and type it ever again.

oh ya one last one, kevin has told me things about people on hq as well. Do you see a pattern?

So let me get this straight.

Kevin did the porting but is not the builder.

Shearer cut the domes and is closer to being the builder.

Possum assembles his motor and thinks he's the builder.

Further proof possum is a clown and a liar.

Thats kinda what I'm getting from the details...   :shrugani:

guess i'll just have to comment on the whole 350 vs cub thing here...  in my OPINION to get a 350cc stock cylinder to actually run good takes real talent, understanding, and overall setup..  so MOST really well built / setup 350's are running at the top of their relative "GAME"  on the other hand  most 421 cub/ serval's  are either budget built or slapped on, non ported, hardly setup builds that just happen to make ok power due to the port arrangement and the over all cc size of the motor.  its easy to just bolt a bunch of parts together and make a weekend out of a slapped together hardly tuned bike..    thats also the reason why there are some really good running PORTED servals out there. and all those " i just beat that dm on my stocker ha ha"  the "builder" had to actually do some real work to them to run like they do  that includes modifying  the actual transfer's not just moving the cub's exhaust port to 70-75% width and calling it " drag port"   plus the setup comes into factor more than i think most even realize.  i mean yea  a 100hp 350cc is going to run bad ass in a fully lightened frame with pencil parts on it a super light rider and a good gearing/ tire setup with frame geo that dosent jump all over the place like a kid in front of mc donards  i mean  really  are you suprised?  the ones that i think really shine are the sleeper"s.  used to see a lot of them  now almost none.. 

No hidden agenda. .nobody will be waiting for you with a sock filled with nickels if that has you worried. I just think if we all met and had a good time riding and sharing ideas and BSing, we'd help the sport more than all the bickering will. Never hurts to widen ones perspective now does it?

Ball is in your court.

Sprinklerman is right... It always cracks me up how a group of guys that love the same sport so much, can be such complete and utter assholes to one another.  Must be the safety of a keyboard.  I'm convinced, if we all met there would much more civility.