Polaris RZR XP1000

locogato11283

RZR's are taking over the offroad industry.   Quad sales are tanking and RZR sales are off the charts.  We used to work primarily on atv's now all I see is RZR's.  The RZR 1000 works amazing out of the box and makes you think you are BJ baldwin until LOFT issues happen.   The first batch of RZR 1000's had shock shaft issues which has been fixed.  I have herd of three burning down and all three had gas cans in the bed that caused the fire. 

RZR's are taking over the offroad industry. Quad sales are tanking and RZR sales are off the charts. We used to work primarily on atv's now all I see is RZR's. The RZR 1000 works amazing out of the box and makes you think you are BJ baldwin until LOFT issues happen. The first batch of RZR 1000's had shock shaft issues which has been fixed. I have herd of three burning down and all three had gas cans in the bed that caused the fire.

They are taking over. Even here in jersey where riding anywhere is illegal, there's rzrs everywhere. Groups of like 15 all on the trails.

• 2 weeks later...

rzr are taking over and fucking up all our trails , just like dirtbikers hate quads they fuck up their track, these rzr our rutting the universe up. but nothing like hopping in front of them and letting them have the grunt of the paddla brats . only one I seen that was cool was one stop performance rzr 800 I believe with the turbo on the 2 step. that has to be a street bike motor in it tho.

• 1 year later...

John, I spoke to a guy out at our local track last week and he was telling me that yamaha will be debuting their new triple cylinder, turbo'd SXS next month. I haven't heard nor seen pics of anything so I called BS. A triple cyl? Come on? Well, your picture pretty much confirms it for me. This is only the second time I have heard about this.

I'm interested in seeing what they have came up with to stay competitive in the SXS game.

John, I spoke to a guy out at our local track last week and he was telling me that yamaha will be debuting their new triple cylinder, turbo'd SXS next month. I haven't heard nor seen pics of anything so I called BS. A triple cyl? Come on? Well, your picture pretty much confirms it for me. This is only the second time I have heard about this.

I'm interested in seeing what they have came up with to stay competitive in the SXS game.

Their promo vid.. Motor sounds mean

Yamaha is historically very conservative, so I can't see them doing anything factory turbo'd. They've been DEEP into the 4 stroke sled world for 10 years now with rock solid motors that have a HUGE aftermarket turbo following but still do not offer a factory turbo setup, they are partnered with a company who supplies them aftermarket that they will still honor warranty with, but nothing factory direct. To me, this new motor shows some similarities to 3 450 cylds married together, which seems crazy, but they already have 2 250 cylds married together that makeup the Phazer motor. They already have a 3 cyld CVT drive motor that makes 130na hp but is pretty damn heavy. If this is something similar to a mated 450 setup it would be lighter with similar hp numbers, but IMO reliability issues will result, and furthermore an aftermarket boost setup will really test the limits of reliable performance. BUT.......... only time will tell. What you can count on is the fit/finish/quality to be far superior to the other options out there!

Side note..... I've heard rumor of paddle shifter, but haven't quite grasped that thought yet. Also, if they are going factory turbo, just how far will they take it? Their factory supported snomo turbo makes 190hp on a 130hp na motor. We can only speculate that any triple would be in the neighborhood of 1k cc which by rights with the current technology should make similar na power. Could we see a 200hp SxS out of the yammi camp??

• Like 1