that new waterproof/ dust proof smart phone?

I am so frustrated with the iphone.  I love the interface, etc but I have been thru 3 of them this year working in a metal fab shop... I think all the steel dust is frying my receiver speaker.

It is now out of warranty and I don't want to spend $200 to replace the 4s that I have... The speaker will just fail again.

I know... life case, blah blah.  I fucking hate cases.

I want to check out that new "tough" smart phone.  Anybody know anything about it?

How is the music interface with the droid based phones? drag and drop?  I hate iTunes too, I wouldn't mind trying something else.

I have ruined an old phone with aluminum powder. I have the iPhone 5 and used to have a lifeproof. Well, flew out my window on a busy road the one day and the pic is what happened. Phone doesn't have a scratch on it so IMO lifeproof is the only only worth it.. It was also raining hard.. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone Sixteen-teen

jd.. i know cases suck and the life proof case is a PAIN at times...  but it has yet to fail me.. I change the case once a year just to be safe and ive been happy with it.

Ive dropped my cell in puddles of water by accident.  got pushed into a pool and it feel into the bottom.  ive grinded down tuns of things in the garage ect. (not half as much as you but yea)  i have it out in -30 deg weather and the case has yet to fail me.

One thing I do notice is the micro fiber speaker holes on the case have to be cleaned out if they get blocked up with debris but do withstand pretty well anything in limited amounts.  

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/ca_en/iphone-4s-4/iphone-4-4s/

I buy mine from Ebay.. i just make sure their the real deal and not a knock off..  still expensive but the best case out I find if you are in dirty conditions all day.

on a side note.. my friends have a few different smart phones.. of which none seem to last them. 1 guy is in trenche's all day  doing drainage. they start to freeze, screens crack  start throwing fits etc... so far IMO  Iphones have been a bit more solid.

I wouldnt recommend the 5 though considering it looks more fragile. going on 2.5 years with my iphone and it is still flawless been using the life proof case since day 1. from ice fishing to summer crap... 

Lifeproof is awesome.

If you're worried about breaking phones go back to a thick flip phone, or a Nokia. Smartphones aren't meant to be beat up.

I run my business thru the phone and communicate with you assholes all the time with it... No way I can go back to the flip even tho I wouldn't mind it!

Plz ninjas. I'm out in the dust and dirt all day every day. I don't wear it on a fucking necklace. With no bulky cover it fits right in my back pocket. I only wish I could just bark orders. Neither of you would last 5 minutes at my pace.

Egh....one day I'll be as cool as you...work hard manual ball busting labor in the most dreadful elements that no other human being could possibly endure while my bare naked iPhone 5 sits snugly in my back pocket and never gets a scratch or a single drop of water on it.....yup one day that will be me.....but until then I'll have to endure this dreadful life proof cover and it's massive bulky design since I'm not as cool as the great Locogato.........

Egh....one day I'll be as cool as you...work hard manual ball busting labor in the most dreadful elements that no other human being could possibly endure while my bare naked iPhone 5 sits snugly in my back pocket and never gets a scratch or a single drop of water on it.....yup one day that will be me.....but until then I'll have to endure this dreadful life proof cover and it's massive bulky design since I'm not as cool as the great Locogato.........

You need a Snickers. A king size one.

my iphone5 with the lifeproof case isnt all that big imo. the phone was skinny as shit anyway so the lil extraa doesnt make that much of a difference to me at least... to each his own. some people have skid plates some dont, some have lifeproof cases some dont. the case does give me a piece of mind though. i dont often drop my phone however i have on a few occasions