421 cub squish

apeik

BTW, noss domes are Jims design.

Umm,,where did you get that nugget of info? Passion?

The few talks Ive had with Noss seem to say otherwise. ( Not starting a beef between Noss and Jim, Noss never told me his designs are NOT Jims design)

I'm just using some common sense reasoning here.Noss cuts domes for a HUGE amount of different builders  ( to THEIR specs) and has access obviously to "their" design ideas,,not JUST Jims. So id think its fair to say that Noss has the ability to take all the different designs he's cut for other builders and decide which design theory he wants to go with.

It just sounds strange to me to be able to  say "Noss domes are Jims design"...sounds a little too all encompasing to me,considering how many different designs Noss handles.

I make domes for several builders.  Sometimes they give me specs, drawings, or parameters.  Sometimes they get my designs.  I didn't make the domes in the pictures for anyone.  Just wanted to clarify some of the stuff above. 

Umm,,where did you get that nugget of info? Passion?

The few talks Ive had with Noss seem to say otherwise. ( Not starting a beef between Noss and Jim, Noss never told me his designs are NOT Jims design)

I'm just using some common sense reasoning here.Noss cuts domes for a HUGE amount of different builders ( to THEIR specs) and has access obviously to "their" design ideas,,not JUST Jims. So id think its fair to say that Noss has the ability to take all the different designs he's cut for other builders and decide which design theory he wants to go with.

It just sounds strange to me to be able to say "Noss domes are Jims design"...sounds a little too all encompasing to me,considering how many different designs Noss handles.

At this time Noss does make domes for many folks. However, things Havnt always been the way they are now. But I have noticed that the sets I had in one of my previous motors was identical to Jim's and both sides confirmed.
  • Like 1