Ditch or keep the Dynoport 2 in 1 exhaust

wright2383

(flame suit zipped up tight)

So my 03 banshee came with a 2 in 1 dynoport exhaust. Ive searched, read, searched again, and read some more and it seems the general consensus is that the dynoport pipe sucks.

My question is, for my setup which will be a 440 exciter intake manifold, and a 40mm Lectron carb, are Pro Circuits the right pipe? I will be riding 90% + on wooded trails. 

I know you all will tell me to get the PC's, and that brings me to my next question. Are the PC's really a 500-600$ improvement over the dynoport? Are PC's the worth the cost of replacing the dynoport or should I be spending the money elsewhere to start out (no im not interested in running dual carbs at this time)

Thanks for the help, and try to take it easy on my 2 in 1 carb setup, and lectron choice (seems you guys dont like those either, but Im looking for simplicity)

your jugs ported? if not, that carb is way too big.

by the dynoport isn't really that good. i would suggest a cheap set of fmfs, wont cost a lot. and 500-600 is way overpriced for PC, try find a used set.

No porting, stock motor. 40mm is what the guy at Lectron suggested. Said they have run single 40's on Banshees for years with good results.  The 500-600$ price was the best i could find for a new set of pipes with type 296 silencers (I have to have USFS approved spark arrestors for the state trails i ride (they DO check)

If a single 40 is too big, what size lectron do you suggest?

Yikes. Get a smaller pwk carb. I run a 33mm. First off what's the main use for this bike? Drag, woods, dune?

my banshee has a single pwk33 on it right now with a trinity 2 in 1 that i will be swapping for the exciter 440 manifold (and maybe some new reeds / cages while im at it). Ive done a lot of reading on the Lectron, and i want to try it back to back against the pwk. 

i will be riding like 90% woods / trail, (state forest trails in PA)

also the pro circuit thought was based on this thread

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105993

Edited by wright2383

I ran the dynoport with trinity 2 into 1 carb 35 pwk and liked it that being said I would not run it again a set of fmf and stock carbs seems as good and more power. but that being said not 600$ worth better.

now that I got away from the 2 into 1 stuff I would never recommend it to anyone even in the woods. I did try a shearer 2 into 1 never really jetted it right but it did seem way better on my motor than the dynoport. 

really depends how much you want to spend I would put the pwk on the other manifold and call it a day

I know you said you wanted to keep the 2-1 carb thing but I would ditch it. I had one with a 33pwk and fatties ran good but then switch to dual stock carbs and felt an improvement across the board,more bottom end way more top end and better throttle response. But if you must keep it sell the pipe buy used PC's and get a port job.

That's great for shipping pipes.

As for carb size, a 34-36 taper bore lectron would be pretty bitchin on your set up.

thanks!!!

the lectron guy said 40mm, but after ALL of you guys saying to go smaller, I will do just that. 

Question, Will the taperbore be any better for low end?