Crash

sheerider11

Damn Rob. Glad you're feeling a little better. Sorry for your misfortune.

Have you considered slowing down a little on the trails. Save the speed runs for 300 ft. drags

Works for me but I'm an old fuck compared to you.

Get well soon :)

Troy

Edited by troyzstang

Damn, that's gotta hurt!! Glad to see you up and about. Just don't be dumb and ride before the doc says it's OK. I've known guys that went riding before they were healed and screwed things up worse than the initial injury.

I raced 4 weeks after a seperated shoulder and fractured clavicle. I'm wondering if it was the right choice every time my shoulder aches.... Still managed to podium and stay 2nd in points...

Yep. Time to quit riding. No joke, you will never be the same again, riding will provoke pains you never would wish on anyone. Time to take up golf, or fishing.

Not the first person to tell me this. Doctors have said it, so have other patients. I'll see where I'm at in 6 months

I wasn't saying it to be a smartass, or funny. I deal with a lot of engineers and ex-racers at Polaris and Arctic Cat who have had similar injuries. The one thing they'll all tell you is they wished they just would have stopped riding. Some of the guys cant walk, or lift things up with the temperatures change anymore because of the secondary damage that occured when they kept riding.

oh I know. And it's sucks. Hard to believe a broken wrist can be a life changing injury. My surgeon told me its gonna be painful, a long recovery, and things will be a lot different. So I'm just gonna take it slow, do the rehab, and wait it out.

I may have just got into the drag racing thing unexpectedly and unfortunately.

that or maybe just trail riding and not the whoops and jumps stuff it sounds like you do? hope it all works out for ya giving up riding would suck.!!! I have screws in my ankle and pins and wire holding my knee cap back together that happened 15 plus years ago knock on wood no pains yet hope the same for you.