Duneable overrides

98_shee

Overrides equals more maintance. There is NO way to cut an OR tranny and make it last like stock. With a duneable we add springs to help with back load. The springs are not goin to save shift forks from wearing they will prolong them from wearing.

The pro mod tranny is the only tranny you can treat like stock and not be damaging forks.

If a customer isn't capable to check forks once a year I neve recommend a OR tranny duneable or not.

I use to cut duneables with steeper dogs and had great success. But you will get a few that lock up at low speeds under a slow down shift. So I went to a shallower cut with stiffer springs. This is more succesful in most riding conditions with proper maintenance.

If you don't want to screw with tranny or you jump slot-PRO MOD

If you are capable of shift fork checks yearly, don't jump and want To do trails - DUNEABLE OR

If you sit at the hill or track and race - STD OR

This is merely my opinion. Cam

Overrides equals more maintance. There is NO way to cut an OR tranny and make it last like stock. With a duneable we add springs to help with back load. The springs are not goin to save shift forks from wearing they will prolong them from wearing.

The pro mod tranny is the only tranny you can treat like stock and not be damaging forks.

If a customer isn't capable to check forks once a year I neve recommend a OR tranny duneable or not.

I use to cut duneables with steeper dogs and had great success. But you will get a few that lock up at low speeds under a slow down shift. So I went to a shallower cut with stiffer springs. This is more succesful in most riding conditions with proper maintenance.

If you don't want to screw with tranny or you jump slot-PRO MOD

If you are capable of shift fork checks yearly, don't jump and want To do trails - DUNEABLE OR

If you sit at the hill or track and race - STD OR

This is merely my opinion. Cam

What do you know?

No one has had a problem with one of his transmissions yet. Your opinion is all good and well but there is no reason for me to believe I should go to redline instead of Cameron. Especially if he's much closer.

I don't know what your personal beef with him is but he's a cool guy and his stuff always runs very well.

redline is a great shop and person to deal with..

the trans i offer is similar to most others out there except i do a "package"  unlike others i have heard of i wont do just a drum  or just a shifter  or just the gears.  its a complete "package"  its like baking a cake.  you have to have all the ingredients just right  or you end up with something that just isn't quite right.   at the dunes i may act a lil goofy but hey  thats my vacation!  i take all the aspects of the trans mods that i do here very seriously.  every one is installed in a case and tested to run through the gears like i want it to.  if there is any issues i fix them right here.  if anyone has problems with one of my trans i will do whatever it takes to take care of it.  the ones i do dont have issues because if there is a problem  i stop and we take care of it.  if i wouldnt install it in my wife's bike and let her go ride i wont send it to you either.  just the way i look at it.. 

duneables are interesting in the way they work BUT they will always have shift fork issues. 

overrides are the only thing to use if your running a real serious drag bike.   the riding conditions vs trans U need redline listed above are spot on.  

oh  and i have blocked all of matt'socal posts so i dont even read them anymore.  not sure what his deal is truthfully. 

I run a n-down 1-5 duneable. It's from a person on here's no name friend. Runs like a champ. I like trails, wheelies, donuts and drag racing for fun. It's been in the bike for over 3 years.  There's nothing like an override once you ride one and get used to it. For those who drag race with one, i bet you would of lost a lot of races without one that you won.

Once funds allow it, ill be getting some ported serval cub juggs from redline, then the trans will be refreshed and it's going back in.

This thread has turned into a feed back mostly from company who does overrides, not how we enjoy them.

From day one with the over ride, I let people ride my bike who arent used to a clutch or a bike. i tell them when you arent on the gas, you better be on the clutch or you are off the bike. The bike still shifted perfect till it got picked up for a blown top end.

I would assume the pro stock mod makes it shift like a newer bike or like my 02 yz250. But there's nothing like an override.

Edited by RagunCajun