Duneable overrides

98_shee

Spurdy, come on! You know WCR's work is more miss than hit. Two good ones out of a whole bunch is NOT good!

What would we say if a motor builder had two good running motors out of 50?! We'd call him a bum.

He fucked over some Raptor guys this year too. He's just too sketchy.

Well John, instead of only bashing on someone why don't you paint the entire picture? My trans isn't the only trans of Greg's that runs well out there. Funny thing is that when these topics come up it is only the negative stuff people remember or are willing to talk about. I guess I just got SUPER DUPPER lucky to have 2 unicorns! What are the odds? SP

I have 2 running WCR trannys. Neither are "Extremes" because I spent two years expecting to get one and instead spent hours on the phone listening to his latest updates on the failures and his planned changes. First I got a ProMod because the extreme wasn't ready for my duner.

Then the next year I got an override because the extreme wasn't ready for my dragger.

Shipping issues with plenty of members, failures with trannys, timelines not met, races and seasons ruined. But your happy.......

So glad your happy. HONESTLY I AM.

You apparently have a working version of a trans I would VERY MUCH like to own.

But......as far as I know, Greg isn't selling them anymore because he lost his ass repairing and shipping the failed units. (So people can't even get one.) And his customer service when it comes to making things right is good.

But his reputation for getting it right the FIRST TIME and getting it shipped correctly in a timely fashion is not.

So....if you would like to counter my comments with your personal endorcement to use WCR, feel free to do so......

REDLINE or CAMATV unless Spurdy wants to actually openly recommend otherwise.......

How do you like your CAMATV transmission John? I've thought about one for a while. Or redline, probably a winter buy for me this year.

As stated mine are WCR units. They work....but issues beyond that prevent me from recommending them. I have dealt with REDLINE with my motor build and his turnaround time is almost unmatched. I would have him cut me a trans any day. CAMATV has done trannys for more than a few members here without any reported issues.

As for your bike, a fully modded stocker would be your best choice. You don't need an override. You need a ProMod style. They shift like a dream and you can backload them without ever worrying about shift fork life.

What about Tyson, is he any good?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I run a Tyson Racing Pro-Modded stocker (every other dog removed), modded shift shaft, Cascade shift star, and Mull's detent bearing mod... I can hold the throttle wide open and blip the clutch, it shifts with no effort at all..

Not believing in a duneable is fucking moronic. I don't care who you are. We've been running them since 2005 with no issues or failures.

I think 8 years on multiple trans in motors ranging from 4mm Cub to 18mm DM is enough testing to say they work.

How does 8 seconds of hillclimbing compare to constant up/down shifting through quick transitions, constant backloads, multiple launches, and 2-3 hour long rides? I want a reliable transmission that shifts flawlessly under power, that will not need constant babysitting. I'll use the clutch if I have to, I don't care. What I don't want is missing shifts, hard shifting.

Tyler, I don't "know" Greg's work to be more hit than miss. That is the only point I was making. That all of his stuff isn't junk. Merely flipping the coin to the other side.

Is there a better tranny out there? Quite possibly. As a matter of fact I have Cam at Redline cutting me one now just because I want to see how it works in my diner based on your claims that you can't tear it up.

John, I am not openly suggesting you or anyone else buy from Greg. I was, again, merely being fair by expressing my experience. And yes, his customer service for me was top notch at the time and has since cut two other trannies for me.

I would trust CamATV with any work also. He's a straight up guy and a good friend. A little goofy but hey, we've all got those characters.

As for seasons being ruined over a tranny. Well, not sure what to say about that. Maybe have a spare tranny, I mean I can guarantee you my season wouldn't be ruined over a tranny, a set of cases or something like that. Shit can happen at anytime for a number of reasons. You got to be prepared in a game like this would be my advice there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376351592.625594.jpg

We knew that the extreme was new back then. I took the same chance as everyone else. Maybe I did get lucky. Btw, my other tranny is just a dunable., not an extreme. And I don't know what changes were made to the extreme back when it originally failed.

SP

So you're telling me with a duneable I could come into a corner in 5th, downshift into 3rd and go In and out of the throttle at high rpm? Or down shift from 6th to 2nd as I slow down?

I do this with my current trans all day long, and haven't replaced one part since I bought it from John in 2003.

I thought you said you haven't ridden the bike? I'm SO confused...