Banshee with a gsxr 750 motor

Have yet to see any street bike motored 'shee that doesn't look like something I download into the shitter. Then they show up on Cl "Only needs minor finishing"  for maybe a couple Gs.

Maybe if it handled better I could see it.

Do us all a favor and hack up a Craptor or YFZ 450. they have a taller frame to fit a 4choke in.

• Like 1

If your up for a good project then wing it. If you want a gixxer 750 powered banshee go for it. Just because you can build a banshee motor thats equally as good doesnt mean thats what you want. If thats what you want and it wont turn out like dogshit then build it and make it look/run good. A true banshee motor can be less cash and much less of a headache though

• Like 1

Have yet to see any street bike motored 'shee that doesn't look like something I download into the shitter. Then they show up on Cl "Only needs minor finishing"  for maybe a couple Gs.

Maybe if it handled better I could see it.

Do us all a favor and hack up a Craptor or YFZ 450. they have a taller frame to fit a 4choke in.

This! Those things always end up on craigslist. Just build a banshee motor.

Is the thing fuel injected? A buddy and I stuck an R6 engine in a raptor 700 frame and fuel pressure from the raptor tank was within spec for the R6, so that was a great thing to know and start us off. We had to add a port on the bottom side of the tank for the return line. The airbox we custom made and we layed a foam filter inside it. The subframe being alloy was not weldable but with it removed it was simple enough for us to make motor mounts and true the engine up. A pit viper subframe is all steel so if you must they are easy to work with. Obviously you will have to widen and brace the main frame itself. You will need custom length cables and so on so forth. It is going to cost you alot of money and lots of time, sweat, bloody and bruised knuckles. I agree that its not worth it in a banshee frame (or most any to say the least)  BUT if it is something you want to do and see how you like it yourself then go for it. Just know what you are getting into.

20130126_152309.jpg