V Force 3s vs 4s... 10mil on the dyno

sand-a-holic

Cascade posted a dyno run showing V4's making 7 more HP AT 7500. EVERYONE can feel that.

Stop fighting it....they are only $200.

• 3 weeks later...

I love my 4's and my 3's lol both work great i also love my 2's is any average rider gonna see a huge difference between the 3 i dont think so even if it is proven. To change out a perfectly good set of 3's for a set of 4's is just crazy unless your a SERIOUS racer or just like blowing money  for the average rider we just want a faster bike with little money dropped to get it there 200 on reeds that didnt need to be changed in the first place is silly now if your building a bike from nothing or your 3's are damaged i would most deffinently buy the 4's but untill then i would keep my 2's or my 3's

IMO

All this talk about 2s vs 4s, what about stock reeds vs 4s, is the difference in power noticeable and how much hp gain is it going from stock reeds to 2s or 4s?

:whoa: Seriously?............

:unsure: Seriously?..........

..........Ummm you're kidding right?  <_<

No....Seriously?  :wacko:

• Like 1

Them bitches ever gonna make them for the honduh 250 intakes? Kinda thinking id like some for my little cheeto. I dont like the abrupt transition from the upp intakes to the stock 250r reeds.

Although ive been encouraged to try banshee cages and intakes with an adaptor. Just been trying to decide how to stuff the intake properly to take advantage of it.

You can make back to back pulls on a dyno and if the 4s slightly leaned out a bike that had 3s and was a little rich then it could show 5hp or 11hp difference. To show dyno runs and not afr or anything else makes me a non believer in their test.

Looking at the overrev on that sheet and the way the 3s look a little dirty up top I would say the 3s were 1/4 to 1/2 a point richer than the 4s on that sheet. VF3 runs can be very smooth just like the 4s and since the pull with the 3s looks a little dirtier then it isn't tuned perfectly. Some will say its because the 4s are better and overrev is better but I say the 3s were ran richer and the overrev falls off hard due to that alone.

Skewed/slanted test if you ask me. You coulda added more gear with that VF3 test and loaded the motor more and shown 4 or 5hp increase and a cleaner curve with better overrev. Screw THAT particular dyno sheet.

• Like 2

You can make back to back pulls on a dyno and if the 4s slightly leaned out a bike that had 3s and was a little rich then it could show 5hp or 11hp difference. To show dyno runs and not afr or anything else makes me a non believer in their test.

Looking at the overrev on that sheet and the way the 3s look a little dirty up top I would say the 3s were 1/4 to 1/2 a point richer than the 4s on that sheet. VF3 runs can be very smooth just like the 4s and since the pull with the 3s looks a little dirtier then it isn't tuned perfectly. Some will say its because the 4s are better and overrev is better but I say the 3s were ran richer and the overrev falls off hard due to that alone.

Skewed/slanted test if you ask me. You coulda added more gear with that VF3 test and loaded the motor more and shown 4 or 5hp increase and a cleaner curve with better overrev. Screw THAT particular dyno sheet.

^^^^^ This kind of disbelief was covered on page one as seen below. vvvvv

They didn't do any adjustments other than reed swaps ......and we don't see A/F ratios.........But I did the initial R&D dyno testing on these and I posted that you could see results like this depending on the level of motor performance.

V-4's are for real. More than a few dyno curves have been posted and they all say the same thing.....V-4's FTW!

If you had a 10 mill making 77 HP you would know not to run those stupid undersized Paul Turners on the damn thing.  :jesterlaugh:

99% of people who say a dyno can be manipulated are just repeating stuff they have heard. For the purposes of testing all they are doing is swapping reeds. The results of THAT experiment are almost identical to the results YOU will have. Because most riders don't have their motor dialed in perfect in the first place.....so a before and after test with zero tuning is exactly the way you would run your machine if you bought new reeds. (If you did a little research, you might go up one pilot jet size and gain better rideability and midrange power.) 

V-4's FTW!

Using a dyno to prove stuff instead of taking the word of 100 fools and their Butt Dyno opinions FTW  X2!

Believe it or not but MAYBE even with the EXACT same jetting the 3s were a little richer and the 4s ran slightly leaner due to the difference in the cages. We will never know. If the jetting was right on the money with the VF4s we probably coulda put a couple tooth larger sprocket on the bike and ran the VF4s and then said that 18tooth sprockets cause detonation and 15s dont. That would be an ignorant statement too. Since info is missing its NOT a reliable test result IMO. I have tuned more than a few bikes in my days and stuffs gotta be exactly equal to prove anything. Trust me , I dont give a shit whether you run any of em. Just givin my 2 cents on that test.

Believe it or not but MAYBE even with the EXACT same jetting the 3s were a little richer and the 4s ran slightly leaner due to the difference in the cages. We will never know. If the jetting was right on the money with the VF4s we probably coulda put a couple tooth larger sprocket on the bike and ran the VF4s and then said that 18tooth sprockets cause detonation and 15s dont. That would be an ignorant statement too. Since info is missing its NOT a reliable test result IMO. I have tuned more than a few bikes in my days and stuffs gotta be exactly equal to prove anything. Trust me , I dont give a shit whether you run any of em. Just givin my 2 cents on that test.

That's fine. I'm just saying I did the R&D on the 4's for MT and in OUR testing the A/F ratios were dialed in to be equal so we could get a true comparison. NOTE: That is why I'm always saying go up one pilot size, because the 4's need the extra fuel to get the A/F back in check.

Making more power from leaning down a motor is NOT a way to prove power. Making more power after going fatter is proof that more power is being made without dancing with the devil.

4's make more power than 3's both on the top end AND bottom end. They even make more power than 3's that have the stuffer mod done. (Yeah I tested that too.) So say what you want about THIS test......But the 4's are all they claim them to be. 

And really guys....just we're talking about $200 for some reeds. Nobody is getting screwed either way.