V Force 3s vs 4s... 10mil on the dyno

sand-a-holic

For those who didn't see cascades reviews on fb

10mil with Shearers nothing changed but reeds

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=4171373575845&set=pb.1629429392.-2207520000.1371786393.&type=3&theater

10mil with Pau Turner mids nothing changed but reeds

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=4171372895828&set=pb.1629429392.-2207520000.1371786393.&type=3&theater

They didn't do any adjustments other than reed swaps ......and we don't see A/F ratios.........But I did the initial R&D dyno testing on these and I posted that you could see results like this depending on the level of motor performance.

V-4's are for real. More than a few dyno curves have been posted and they all say the same thing.....V-4's FTW!

• Like 1

I'm not saying that they are not better (I've seen other charts posted as well) but thats a huge gain. Dyno's may not lie but can be manipulated by changing lots of things. Again not saying they did, those results are just surprising. And if I had a 10mil only making 77 hp I would be a sad panda

Edited by Azryll

I'm not saying that they are not better (I've seen other charts posted as well) but thats a huge gain. Dyno's may not lie but can be manipulated by changing lots of things. Again not saying they did, those results are just surprising. And if I had a 10mil only making 77 hp I would be a sad panda

If you had a 10 mill making 77 HP you would know not to run those stupid undersized Paul Turners on the damn thing.  :jesterlaugh:

99% of people who say a dyno can be manipulated are just repeating stuff they have heard. For the purposes of testing all they are doing is swapping reeds. The results of THAT experiment are almost identical to the results YOU will have. Because most riders don't have their motor dialed in perfect in the first place.....so a before and after test with zero tuning is exactly the way you would run your machine if you bought new reeds. (If you did a little research, you might go up one pilot jet size and gain better rideability and midrange power.) 

V-4's FTW!

Using a dyno to prove stuff instead of taking the word of 100 fools and their Butt Dyno opinions FTW  X2!

If you had a 10 mill making 77 HP you would know not to run those stupid undersized Paul Turners on the damn thing.  :jesterlaugh:

True that

99% of people who say a dyno can be manipulated are just repeating stuff they have heard. For the purposes of testing all they are doing is swapping reeds. The results of THAT experiment are almost identical to the results YOU will have. Because most riders don't have their motor dialed in perfect in the first place.....so a before and after test with zero tuning is exactly the way you would run your machine if you bought new reeds. (If you did a little research, you might go up one pilot jet size and gain better rideability and midrange power.) 

It's not that hard to change to higher octane, timing, domes, a/f ratio etc. Again not saying they did this at all, and if the gain is that big thats awesome. I was just saying that I was surprised.

Using a dyno to prove stuff instead of taking the word of 100 fools and their Butt Dyno opinions FTW  X2!

I totally agree but I would trust riders results then someone who would like to increase sales. And yes I have seen the other dyno results, my whole point was 8 hp switching from 3's to 4's is alot.

Anyone do a vf2 to vf4 pull?

Yep. If your running a 465cc or bigger DRAG ONLY machine  you can see 1-2 more peak HP from the 2's.

But the 4's will be right there with the 2's. (WAY better than the 3's! ) The 4's also offer a much better front side curve. (Better than the 3's here too) So for those who drag the dunes and are on and off the throttle to stay in control, the 4's would be my pick.

On smaller motors, the 4's outshine the 2's across the board. They also make more power than modded 3's. So a stock untouched 4 will make more low/mid/peak than a modded 3. 

Also testing showed that on motors under 75HP, modding the 3's actually hurts performance. On 100+HP motors, pulling the stuffers and doing the stuffer mod on the 3's can gain 3-4 HP. But untouched 4's still make more power than the modded 3's.