Painting Frame

sheebroke

how big of a pain in the a$$ is it to strip a shee down and paint the frame ?  i have a 91 and was thinking about re painting the frame just wondering if its a real pain to do . thanks for any info

I guess that would all depend on your mechanical abilities. Its not that hard, but it may be for some people. I do NOT recommend and spray cans if thats what you were planning on using. If you do get it stripped down, then I would recommend powdercoating the frame unless you want a color thats not available in powder. It would also be around the same cost as if you used urethanes.. but it would be a little more durable. Stay away from Enamels or Lacquers. They dont hold up to chemicals or abuse.

well i just got done painting my 88 shee after striping it down and i painted it with that dupli color metalcast anidized red and it looks sweeter then i could of ever thought of, its not really all that hard to strip it down, i think that hardest part it getting the motor back in without scraching the frame, and when u strip it down u can fix all the problems with your shee too. peace

thanks for the replys . i wasnt planin on spray bombin it. i was gonna have a buddy do it at his shop i guess the part i forgot to ask was the type of paint and it got answered . i think im going to go with that color changing paint ( changes from gold,yellow green purple ect..) cant rember the name of it but my buddy had some left over after painting his truck . thnaks again .

• 2 weeks later...