Ipad Mini vs. Samsung Tablet

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no experience with a Samsung tablet, but I do have a Mini.

I personally love it, and prefer the Apple layout compared to other software a such as Droid, etc.

It's all I use at home, this case/keyboard makes it much easier.

null_zps0aa13833.jpg

^^what he said. I love the feel of my ipad mini, the aluminum casing is awesome. Having it with 4g makes it that much better too. I was just a little disappointed at the lack of retina display though. I'd you prefer something with more processing speed, and just better specs overall, and dont mind the lack of a camera I'd recommend the google nexus 7. No limitations to only html5 videos because it actually has adobe flash, and is only $200. Can't go wrong with either one.

I have no experience with a Samsung tablet, but I do have a Mini.

I personally love it, and prefer the Apple layout compared to other software a such as Droid, etc.

It's all I use at home, this case/keyboard makes it much easier.

null_zps0aa13833.jpg

x2

I have an iPad mini also. Combined with my iPhone5 I can do damn near anything.

Tapatalk is nice on the Mini as well as being able to take pics and upload straight to FB or whatever.

I have 4G on mine so I can use it anywhere.

Personal preference, both do a great job.

I'm an Android person...I've invested time and money into their ecosystem as far as apps and learning.

My girl is an Apple fan, so I have an HTC Android Phone and the Nexus 10 tablet (my step son has the Nexus 7).

She has an i5 and iPad2.

There are apps that are nicer to use on either system...  test drive each somewhere and make a call.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 7" tablet design.  It's betwen a small screen phone or large screen tablet.

You'll spend more time pinching, zooming to read web pages...wheras the larger form factor does web pages nicely. 

7" does make a very nice ebook reader however.

I'm not a fan of the Amazon Fire devices, yes it's android, but it's Amazon's overlay.

I travel the world with an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5. Between the two I am always connected in some form to the outside world.

There has been many times were between the two I've gotten myself and my fellow co workers out of a travel disaster.

I'm on my iPad now....wouldn't go anywhere without the two.

On many of our road trips the wife and I go on the iPad both helps burn time with games, books, or movies and is also a great travel tool for finding camping spots, fueling stations, and places to eat.

Me personally I say go with the iPad. But that's my personal preference.

I'm looking to buy an iPad mini soon only because I want a smaller item to carry. Traveling as much as I do a year you try and travel as light as possible.

I've always been a android guy and hate apple as a company but I got a ipad 4 last Christmas. It sucked until the jailbreak was available for ios 6. Pretty nice now. Its not a rooted android device by any means but it is nice.

Look into rooting/jailbreaking and see if that's your cup of tea. If it is, get a android since since all new ipads will likely ship with ios 6.1.3 and it is not jailbreakable and a new jailbreak wont be offered for some time.