Flat Tracking My Tri-Shee....YES....TRI-SHEE!

Bancheez

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES THEY CAN!! AND, in a lot of instances, we are faster than the pro-am quads (on the flat tracks). Last season, in my 3rd outting with this bike, we raced a tri-oval in redbank Pa, LL Raceway. Before the races, they let me and 1 other trike guy, go out with the open quads...a 500 zilla, and a SWEET Banshee. When they let us loose, I think everyone in the place about shit when I paced the 2 open class quads for 5 laps on a Banshee 3 wheeler...and really givin em a run for their money too! At Sacandaga lake, we (Myself and Eric Dubb) ran faster lap times than the fastest pro-am 250 quad. A trike with a good rider, will corner faster than any quad. The corners is where I make the time up on the quads.

Lets be honest here,  The trikes cant run witht he quads, 

The times for pine lake, Jackie was 9 seconds A LAP off of what the pro quads run,  you say pro am but most the riders are the same guys so there really isnt any difference.  Now Jackie won that race he was 9 seconds a lap off the pace of the pro quads, but you say you can run wtih them.  In the same race Jackie finished 40 seconds in front of you. If you where out there with the pro quads you would be lapped in a 10 lap race.

And if anyone questions what im saying, In the same race i finished second. Not discrediscreating the bike at all, I even told him (the owner of the banshee trike) at the race i know i could win the  race if i had the banshee trike over the 450 being i race pro on a banshee now. im much more comftorable on the shee.

I will say that this is one nice conversion, a little dated looking but still very nice.

I was also at the Ashtabula National and the NYS Ice Racing Championships at Lake Sacandaga.

As far as this...

...and BY FAR the fatsest thing on the track
I will respectfully disagree.  At the Ashtabula race I saw 6 450's, 2 250R's and a Tecate ahead of it off the start. I know that at least one of the 250R's was bone stock. In fact the same stock 250R finished fith place (two positions ahead of you) by about 5-6 seconds.

Here is a link to the race

As far as this...

...and it has won all but 1 race that I have entered with it (finished 7th at Pine Lake....the FIRST time I ever raced it...out of 20 guys). Won best bike build, and the open class drags at TrikeFest 2012. Even Won the first Ice race I entered with it, out on lake sacandaga, against a $20000 TPC with a pro aboard.
I will also repectfully have to disagree. The Ice Championships consisted of two heats and two main events. (per event, Oval and TT)  You did not win the first heat race, Mr Dubb did. He also led the entire first main event until the last lap when your wife (who was also in the race) blocked him as you two were lapping her.  Yes, you won and it was a fair race, but, lets be honest here, you probably would not have.  In the second heat & main event you chose to run another trike.  Erik Dubb went on to win the race and the overall Championship on both Oval and TT. (You also chose to skip out on the TT race?)  I also do not know were you got the Idea that was a 20,000 TPC but, it was not.  It was a stock one.

I can't speak for any other races because I have not been to those.  I typically only go to Points races, Championships, and other big races.  I can't go to all the little races or "club" races that are not professionally run.

All in all it is a great build and I love seeing all the different conversions customs out on the tracks.  I hope to see more of these and others this year at Ashtabula.  I think it is safe to say a Banshee trike will be in the Top 3 this year. Maybe not this particular one, but a Banshee trike none the less.

HAHA...was waiting for Mr. NOS to pipe up!

I am not going to get into an argument with anyone about this bike, or my finishes with this bike. BUT, I will say this, the race at pine lake that NOS is refering to, is also THE FIRST TIME I EVER CLAY RACED!!...ANYTHING!  And only the 2nd time I rode the bike in any kind of competition. Not too bad if you ask me... And the ice races, again, THE FIRST TIME I EVER RACED THIS BIKE ON ICE!! Eric and Bill had to throw everything but the kitchen sink (Eric Dubbs exact words) at that TPC to keep it in front of me. In fact, on sunday (when I ran  different bike) That TPC was set-up EXACTLY like my trikes....offset AND staggered....I didn't stand a chance on a 310. 

And yes, whether you believe it or not, At every other track we went to AFTER pine lake, this bike dominated! And by the 3rd race, YES, I was laying down equal lap times to the Open class quads. Guess we will just have to wait and see how things go this season.

For the guy who asked about frame prices, If I supply the Banshee and Tri-Z frames, you are looking at around the $1000-$1200 mark for me to build the frame. Engine cradle and back bones are made of .080 1" tubing, so failure isn't an option, lol. All splices are slugged, and plug welded, then everything is gusseted together, and final welded with a TIG. I can also powder this any color for a VERY reasonable price.

And yes, whether you believe it or not, At every other track we went to AFTER pine lake, this bike dominated!

It is a matter of fact that the Ice race you speak of was AFTER Pine Lake and at the Ice race out of 8 races ( 2 heats and 2 mains on Saturday, 2 heats and 2 mains on Sunday) you won 1 and Dubb won the other 7

Again, do not take it wrong. I am not in anyway implying anything negative about the trike, It is definatly a nice trike and you should be proud of it

It is a matter of fact that the Ice race you speak of was AFTER Pine Lake and at the Ice race out of 8 races ( 2 heats and 2 mains on Saturday, 2 heats and 2 mains on Sunday) you won 1 and Dubb won the other 7

Again, do not take it wrong. I am not in anyway implying anything negative about the trike, It is definatly a nice trike and you should be proud of it

At Sacandaga, I was only in 1 heat, and 1 main, per day. After paying for fuel to drive 6hrs for an ice race, I just couldn't afford another $80 to run the TT races... And yes, Eric beat me in ALL 2 heats I was in...but what good is a heat race win? I am only refering to Feature wins (mains). Which we each won 1 on the circle track. And I still managed to hold off the other TPC on sunday on a little ol' 310 for a second place finish.

I also do not know were you got the Idea that was a 20,000 TPC but, it was not.  It was a stock one.

HAHA...I like that..."stock one" lmfao... Nothing is stock about that bike. Dirtbike head and cams, piped and jetted, AT MINIMUM. And NO WAY do I believe it had stock piston in it either. NO "stock" 450 will pull away from a built banshee....pretty sure most of the guys on here will attest to that! I have NEVER been beaten in a straight line by ANY 450...and his bike EFFIN PULLED! 

At Sacandaga, I was only in 1 heat, and 1 main, per day. After paying for fuel to drive 6hrs for an ice race, I just couldn't afford another $80 to run the TT races... And yes, Eric beat me in ALL 2 heats I was in...but what good is a heat race win? I am only refering to Feature wins (mains). Which we each won 1 on the circle track. And I still managed to hold off the other TPC on sunday on a little ol' 310 for a second place finish.

HAHA...I like that..."stock one" lmfao... Nothing is stock about that bike. Dirtbike head and cams, piped and jetted, AT MINIMUM. And NO WAY do I believe it had stock piston in it either. NO "stock" 450 will pull away from a built banshee....pretty sure most of the guys on here will attest to that! I have NEVER been beaten in a straight line by ANY 450...and his bike EFFIN PULLED! 

That is true, but, you did say at all other races you went to it dominated. Whether or not you chose to run it is not relevent. You chose to race your other trike. The trike that dominated that event was the TPC (7 wins 1 second) and I can tell you for fact what is in the engine because I built it!!!  For that event it was a "stock" TPC. Notice I said stock TPC and not stock Honda. All TPC's have the CRF Head/Cam it is how they are designed. The head and cam are in fact stock oem parts. The piston is in fact the stock TRX piston. Also, since this was in fact an Ice race, all of the high dollar long travel suspension was removed and replaced with stock TRX shock and Stock (but lowered) CRF forks.  Many other parts were also removed for that race. I would also direct you to the previous video I posted. Fred, Nick, and Josh were all on stock (oem parts) equipped TPC 450's and all of them pulled your TRI-Shee off the start. The only "built" TPC was Jackie's

Also, since you mentioned it in one of your previous post,

Eric and Bill had to throw everything but the kitchen sink (Eric Dubbs exact words) at that TPC to keep it in front of me. In fact, on sunday (when I ran  different bike) That TPC was set-up EXACTLY like my trikes....offset AND staggered....I didn't stand a chance on a 310. 

Not true at all. When we went to those races they were originally intended to only run the TT coarse. You could have removed your wheel spacer and run TT but instaed you asked them to add the oval and they did. You said it was due to the fact your trikes were set up for oval not TT.  Despite all this, we entered Dubb in the oval race as well as the TT race and we used the TT set up on the Oval for Saturday. Eric outpulled your Tri-Shee down all the straights. You would catch him in the corner because his set up was for TT. He still won the heat and led the entire main until last lap when he was blocked by a lapper.

For Sunday's Oval race, since the track was larger (the outside line of Sat's race becomes the inside of Sundays race) we decided to put a more agressive front tire on and a wheel spacer on the right. That was it. he then went out and ran the TT race with the oval set up and then the Oval race. With the only changes being front tire and a wheel spacer, Erik's laps times on the Big oval were faster then on the small oval...So yeah we picked up some serious speed. I really wish you would have ran this trike. Never understood why you didn't other then what you told me that you wanted more low end becuase Dubb was pulling you out of the corners (on trish)

As far as the other TPC you spoke of, That was Ryan, and it was his very first race EVER!!! Only his second time riding on Ice. That he was able to hang with, and even pass you a moment for a bit, should be impressive enough...and that engine is stock as well as I built that one too. He also finished second behind Erik, in the TT event

Regardless of all that, It is still a nice trike and I am sure You will continue to have success and a great time with it.

Hi Bill  :notworthy: Had a feeling that was you :notworthy:  Wow, you really WILL go ANYWHERE to stir shit :notworthy: . 

Thanx for the comments boys,

I'm OUT.

Not stirring anything Jon, I told you from day one this was a nice build. You dragged me into it. I was just correcting some information you posted about my trike/riders is all.

FYI, I have actually been a member since 2007 (check out my normal user name) but, I had not logged on since 2008. I do (sorta) own a banshee so I think I fit in right?  I forgot my password and I belive I used a older email. So, if a mod wants to contact me about fixing it, they can.