Degree wheel

sheerider11

Mine goes right on the crank. I use 2 flywheel nuts to keep it tight.

I dont see any reason you cant do like you said to make it fit as long as you can keep the hole centered

I think the uni bit should keep it pretty straight. So I'm assuming that I just picked up the wrong one

Guest JohnTabata

I use a dial indicator to find a pistons TDC on all motors. Make sure the dial indicator is mounted solid and parallel so your measurement is accurate.

fabricate a piston stop using a piece of bar. Bolt it between two of your studs. Rotate the engine forward and back to stop, make sure your are the same degrees before and after TDC when it contacts the stop. When you remove the stop, you will be able to rotate to true TDC. If you know the dome rise of the piston you can also set your indicator to zero at the piston stop and measure the upward travel to TDC, subtract the dome rise of the piston from this measurement to get your deck height. Keep in mind some pistons have stampings on the crown that raise from the dome slightly.

-Brandon